Subject: FW: cgi-client for DAV

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:24:09 -0800

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Frans Dondorp [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 2:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] cgi-client for DAV

A question from a DAV-newcomer:

Does anyone know where I can find example code from which I can deduce a
technique to get to a DAV-server (mod_dav) through a cgi-program?

The problem I am dealing with is that I need to build a website as an
interface to a DAV-server, where people can work with the files on the
server and with the metadata of these files. Some sort of BSCW-thingy,
but in this case with decent support for metadata.

How do I use DAV-methods from within a browser? Using a form which calls a
cgi-script which writes the correct headers is a solution, but not an
elegant one. I'd rather call these methods directly, but how do I get
around the problem of writing out those headers? And how do I include the
XML-requestbody in a decent way?

<form action="???" method=COPY> and then what?

Sincerely,
Frans Dondorp
Delft University of Technology