Subject: FW: [Moderator Action] RE: Web Folders interoperability with Authentication?

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:04:58 -0700

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.  I've added [email-masked] to
the accept2 list, so future emails will go through to the list.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajeev Mago [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 12:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] RE: Web Folders interoperability with
Authentication?

Can any of you guys enlighten me on how to generate the "nonce" string for
the WWW-Authenticate
header?? We are trying to use the WebDAV interface of Exchange2000 and
getting authentication
failed messages (access denied). I donot know how to correctly use the
User/Passwd/Domain
information to generate info for the WWW-Authenticate header.

Please help!

-Rajeev
[email-masked]

 From: Yaron Goland
To: "'Max Rible'"
 Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 15:24:55 -0700
Subject: RE: Web Folders interoperability with Authentication?

Unless I'm misreading the BNF, your WWW-Authenticate header is incorrectly
formatted. There must be a "," between the Basic and Digest challenges.

> -----Original Message----- >
From: Max Rible
Subject: RE: Web Folders interoperability with Authentication?

> > > At 12:42 4/6/99 -0700, Jim Whitehead wrote: > >I have used Web folders
with Basic authentication, but have > not yet used > >them with Digest
authentication, and hence I cannot say > anything about Web > >folders with
Digest auth. > > As far as I can tell, Web Folders will have nothing to do
with Digest > authentication. In one mode, my server will send back
challenges on > the order of > > WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="quux" Digest
realm="quux" > nonce="b806c84912cb622b25ffa4d6ec8dd98f" algorithm=MD5
qop="auth" > > and it promptly identifies the realm as 'quux" Digest
realm="quux"' > when prompting the user. :-P If I set my server to accept >
only Digest > authentication, Web Folders will send Basic anyway and be
rejected. > > -- > %% Max Rible %%