Subject: Repository in a Box

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:40:05 -0700

Members of this list might be interested in the following project:

Repository in a Box
http://www.nhse.org/RIB/index.html

REPOSITORY IN A BOX (RIB) is a software package for creating WWW metadata
repositories. Metadata is information that describes reusable objects, such
as software. RIB allows the user to enter metadata into a user friendly java
applet which then sends the information to a RIB server via HTTP. The
information is then stored in an SQL database where it is automatically made
available in a fully functional web site (catalog, search page, etc).
Repositories which use similar data models can use the XML processing
capabilities of RIB to share information via the Internet. Third party
applications can access the data stored in RIB by using the RIB Application
Programmer's Interface (API). Various tools utilizing the RIBAPI are
available here.

On the surface, it seems like DAV + DASL provide a set of functionality very
similar to that provided by the RIB project.

- Jim