Subject: Re: IE5 & DAV Interoperability

From: Greg Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:56:29 -0700

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 08:22:42AM +1000, David Logan wrote:
>...
> My understanding of IE5 Web Folders was that it was fairly compliant and
> did not require extensions. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

IE5 and mod_dav are very interoperable.

> If this is not the right list for these comments, can somebody please
> point me in the right direction? 8-)

The [email-masked] mailing list is the right place. See:

    http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/install.html#problem

For the information that we'll need to diagnose your problem, then post to
the dav-dev list.

Cheers,
-g

ps. w3c-dist-auth is generally "implementation agnostic" and is about the
protocol itself.

-- 
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

---

From: David Logan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 08:22:42 +1000

Good Morning Folks,

I have been attempting to get IE5 to talk to our apache 1.3.14 server
using the mod_dav module. Having played around extensively I cannot, for
the life of me, get IE5 talking to the server. It appears that I need to
install Frontpage extensions. In reading the archives of this list, I
can't see anywhere that this gets a mention as being a requirement.

Thanks & Regards
-- 
_______________________________________________________________

David Logan                                 102 Cameron Street
Broadband e-Lab                             Launceston Tas 7250
                                            Australia
Ph : (03) 6323 2667
Fax: (03) 6323 2666