Subject: What was I thinkin' ? (was: RE: File creation date, version creation date, and getlastmodified)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:04:41 +0100

On May 3, 2001 I wrote:

> When a version-controlled resource is checked-out its
> contents and dead properties are updated to be the same
> as the version identified in the DAV:checked-in property.

When a version-controlled resource is checked-out it's contents and dead
properties will _already_ be the same as those of the version identified by
the DAV:checked-in property, so no update is required.

> Therefore the DAV:getlastmodified timestamp clearly should
> be updated to reflect the changes.  Note that the timestamp
> value is the server's notion of the time the version-controlled
> resource was modified and not the same as the checked-in
> version's DAV:getlastmodified.

...so saying the "timestamp clearly should be updated" was totally bogus.
The act of checking-out a version-controlled resource only updates the live
properties of the resource, and 'clearly' this should *not* update the
DAV:getlastmodified timestamp<g>
Sorry for causing confusion.

Tim