Subject: Re: RFC 2518 ... in French! (Version francaise de RFC 2518)

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:46:11 -0700

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric van der Vlist [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 1:27 AM
To: Jim Whitehead
Cc: WebDAV WG; [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] Re: RFC 2518 ... in French! (Version
francaise de RFC 2518)

Jim Whitehead wrote:
>
> Thanks to the translation effort of Jean-Jacques Thomasson
> <[email-masked]>, and
> Eric van der Vlist <[email-masked]>, the WebDAV Distributed Authoring
> Protocol specification is now available in a French language translation,
> at:
>
> http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/protocol/rfc2518.fr.html

The translation is now also available at:

        http://xmlfr.org/ietf/rfc2518.html

And I'd like to highlight the work done by Jean-Jacques Thomasson who
did the actual translation (hosting it is, by comparison, a piece of
cake)!

Thanks for the thanks!

Eric

> I am extremely grateful for this translation -- my mind boggles at the
> amount of work that must have been involved in the translation effort.
>
> Protocol specifications are hard enough to read when you're a native
English
> speaker, so I can only imagine how painful it must be to try and
understand
> an RFC when English is a second or third language.  This translation makes
> it much easier for French speaking people to understand the WebDAV
> Distributed Authoring Protocol, and I hope this leads to more
implementation
> and use of WebDAV in the French speaking community.
>
> - Jim

--
See you in Berlin for XML Europe 2001:
     http://gca.org/attend/2001_conferences/europe_2001/tutorialsmon.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric van der Vlist       http://xmlfr.org            http://dyomedea.com
http://xsltunit.org      http://4xt.org           http://examplotron.org
------------------------------------------------------------------------