Subject: Re: IE5 & DAV Interoperability

From: "Jim Amsden" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 20:43:46 -0400

I don't have any problems with web folders, Office 2000, IE5, or
DreamWeaver, but FrontPage, Visual InterDev, and VS.NET don't do WebDAV.

David Logan says:

Good Morning Folks,

I have been attempting to get IE5 to talk to our apache 1.3.14 server
using the mod_dav module. Having played around extensively I cannot, for
the life of me, get IE5 talking to the server. It appears that I need to
install Frontpage extensions. In reading the archives of this list, I
can't see anywhere that this gets a mention as being a requirement.

My understanding of IE5 Web Folders was that it was fairly compliant and
did not require extensions. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

If this is not the right list for these comments, can somebody please
point me in the right direction? 8-)

Thanks & Regards
--
_______________________________________________________________

David Logan                                 102 Cameron Street
Broadband e-Lab                             Launceston Tas 7250
                                            Australia
Ph : (03) 6323 2667
Fax: (03) 6323 2666

---

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 13:43:38 -0700

I can tell you mod_dav definitely works with Web Folders.  (So does my
product, Xythos WebFile Server, on apache or off).

The trick may be that you've got to set up a web folder:  IE 5.5 doesn't
know that it's talking to a WebDAV server unless you tell it.  Depending on
the OS, this is done by creating a new network place in "my network places"
or a new web folder in "Web Folders".  We've got instructions on
www.sharemation.com to help people do this.

Frontpage extensions are irrelevant.

lisa

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jim Amsden
> Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 5:44 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: IE5 & DAV Interoperability
>
>