Subject: RE: Status code for creating lock-null resource

From: "Jason Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:32:41 -0400

<<
Am I the only person who actually has no real big problem with lock-null
resources (LNRs) ?
I have no problem with them as long as we don't pretend they are anything
other than a null resource (with a lock rooted on them).   They really
aren't that strange.  It's mostly because we've felt compelled to say that
they are a real resource or a quasi-resouce that we've had confusion and
angst over the years.

---

From: "Dan Brotsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:59:37 -0700

At 12:32 PM -0400 6/28/01, Jason Crawford wrote:
>other than a null resource (with a lock rooted on them).

If you change that to "an empty resource" rather than "a null 
resource" then I think we agree.  It's the notion of "null resources" 
that 2518 introduced that I think is the most hinky of all.

     dan
-- 
Daniel Brotsky, Adobe Systems
tel 408-536-4150, pager 877-704-4062
2-way pager email: <mailto:[email-masked]>