Subject: proppatch on null resource

From: "Tao Wan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:42:33 -0700

Hi,
      I read your paper about "Proposed Extensions to WebDAV Properties"
linked through
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/props/draft-ietf-webdav-properties-extension-00.txt,
we have same problem with yours. that is proppatch on a null resource. I am
not sure whether WebDAV
spec. can support a proppatch on a null resource right now. I mean if I
perform a proppatch on a null resource
does this method create this resource with the properties defined in <set>
element inside <propertyupdate> element?
Thanks

Tao Wan
Internet email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Clemm, Geoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:45:11 -0400

You cannot PROPPATCH a null resource because most repositories
need to know what kind of resource you are creating (collection,
non-collection, whatever).  So you first need to create the
resource before you can PROPPATCH it.

Cheers,
Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Tao Wan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 3:43 PM
To: WebDAV
Subject: proppatch on null resource

Hi,
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/props/draft-ietf-webdav-properties-ex
tension-00.txt,

Tao Wan