Subject: Possible minor correction for MOVE Example in RFC 2518

From: "Hall, Shaun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:55:26 +0100

Couldn't see anything about this in the issues list and its minor.

RFC2518 Section 8.9.6 Example of MOVE request.

In the description below the example, it states "This means that the
resource /container/C2/ could not be moved. However because there was an
error copying /container/C2, none of the /containerC2's members were
copied".

Er shouldn't the words "copying" and "copied" in the description be changed
to "moving" and "moved" respectively as its a MOVE request ?

The MOVE example appears to be a cut/paste/modify of the COPY example in sec
8.8.8, which would explain things. Mmm, when have you seen that before ? Oh
yes, writing source code :-)

Cheers

Shaun Hall
Xerox Europe

---

From: "Jason Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:35:47 -0400

Entered on the issues list.  I assume no discussion is necessary...

------------------------------------------
Phone: 914-784-7569,   [email-masked]

"Hall, Shaun" <[email-masked]>@w3.org on 07/25/2001 10:55:26 AM

Sent by:  [email-masked]

To:   "'W3C WebDAV Mailing List'" <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:  Possible minor correction for MOVE Example in RFC 2518

The MOVE example appears to be a cut/paste/modify of the COPY example in
sec
8.8.8, which would explain things. Mmm, when have you seen that before ? Oh
yes, writing source code :-)

Cheers

Shaun Hall
Xerox Europe