Subject: FW: [Moderator Action] Fw: Web Folder Behavior Example

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:19:47 -0700

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.  I have added <[email-masked]> to
the accept2 list.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Thompson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 7:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] Fw: Web Folder Behavior Example

Can anyone on this list point me to any example code for implementing a Web
Folder Behavior?

Am I understanding correct that a Web Folder Behavior allows viewing of
folders on a server from IE in a customizable way, similar to the way
Windows 98 Active Desktop Folders can be customized using thte Web View and
Folder HTT's?

I've read several articles from MSDN, but have yet to be able to come up
with an example.  I have a Windows 2000 Advanced Server and I'm working with
Windows 98 and 2000 on the client side with IE5.

Thanks much for any tips,
Robert

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Whitehead
To: Robert Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 3:50 PM
Subject: RE: Web Folder Behavior Example

Hi Robert,

Well, the best I can do is recommend that you look through MSDN, which
you've already done. At this point, I'd recommed that you send a question to
the dav-dev and main WebDAV working group lists mailto:[email-masked]
to see if anyone there has a better idea.

- Jim
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Robert Thompson [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 2:53 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Web Folder Behavior Example

  Hello Jim,

  I saw your post on [dav-dev] was wondering if you could point me to any
example code for implementing a Web Folder Behavior.

  Am I understanding correct that a Web Folder Behavior allows viewing of
folders on a server from IE in a customizable way, similar to the way
Windows 98 Active Desktop Folders can be customized using thte Web View and
Folder HTT's?

  I've read a bunch of articles from MSDN, but have yet to be able to come
up with an example.  I have a Windows 2000 Advanced Server and I'm working
with Windows 98 and 2000 on the client side.

  Thanks much for any tips,
  Robert