Subject: RE: Protocol Action: Versioning Extensions to WebDAV to Proposed Standard

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:58:35 -0700

Yes!!! What excellent news.

Five and a half years ago we began working on the vision of the Web as a
writeable medium, one that could be used for remote collaborative
development of software projects, large documentation efforts, and other
large clusters of inter-related documents.  With the approval of the DeltaV
protocol as a Proposed Standard, we have taken a large step forward towards
making this vision a tangible reality.

Geoff Clemm receives my thanks and respect for the key role he played in the
design of the DeltaV protocol, and in pushing it forward for so long.
However, it was clearly a collaborative effort, involving the Chair, Jim
Amsden, the document authors, the DeltaV design team, and the DeltaV working
group. All of your tireless work, sending posts, making reviews, clarifying
points, led to a high quality technical standard.

Specification in hand, we are now well along the rough road to the common
byte. I look forward to working with you all in the months and years ahead
to ensure this specification leads to broad interoperability.

- Jim

> The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Versioning Extensions to
> WebDAV' <draft-ietf-deltav-versioning-18.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
> This document is the product of the Web Versioning and Configuration
> Management Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed and
> Patrik Faltstrom