Subject: Adding a new Co-Chair: Lisa Dusseault

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:12:51 -0700

As I enter my second year of service as an Assistant Professor at UC Santa
Cruz, it is becoming increasingly clear to me that I can no longer handle
all of the duties of being Chair of the WebDAV Working Group as effectively
as I would like.

To remedy this, I intend to add a Co-Chair to this working group, and
henceforth WebDAV WG will have two Co-Chairs. My choice for Co-Chair is Lisa
Dusseault. Lisa is a long standing member of this working group who has made
numerous substantive contributions to our work, and has been involved in
multiple implementations of the protocol. Additionally, Lisa has led WebDAV
meetings at past IETF conferences, and she is familiar with IETF procedures.
I personally have great confidence that Lisa will be an excellent Co-Chair.

Though IETF working groups follow an open and transparent process, the
process by which working group chairs are selected is not democratic; no
voting is involved. On the other hand, Chairs do not act as chairs without
the consent of their working groups either.  So, if you have any objection
to my intention to add Lisa Dusseault as a Co-Chair of the WebDAV Working
Group, please send an email to myself, and the two Application Area
Directors, Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]> and Ned Freed
<[email-masked]>, outlining your concerns.  Please do so by October
8, 2001.

In terms of a division of responsibilities, my intent is to take the work of
the WebDAV WG and divvy it up amongst Lisa and myself. The Co-Chair with
that responsibility will then be the final authority on that matter, though
the expectation is that we will be consulting each other frequently.
Shortly, I will send out a message detailing this division of
responsibilities.

If you have any other questions on how this will work, please feel free to
ask.

- Jim Whitehead
Chair, WebDAV Working Group