Subject: RE: Purpose of Namespace

From: "Jason Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 18:08:43 -0500

<<
So I'd say all that needs to be done is to get rid of the sentence that
refers to concatenating the namespace URL with the local node name,
and we are done with this issue.
Sounds good.

One other thing is that in places where it refers to a property with it's
concatenated name, I'll have to change
the reference to use a [URI, local name] pair.

For example section 8.2.2...

   In this example, the client requests the server to set the value of
   the http://www.w3.com/standards/z39.50/Authors property, and to
   remove the property http://www.w3.com/standards/z39.50/Copyright-
   Owner.  Since the Copyright-Owner property could not be removed, no

becomes

   In this example, the client requests the server to set the value of
   the [http://www.w3.com/standards/z39.50/,Authors] property, and to
   remove the property [http://www.w3.com/standards/z39.50/,Copyright-
   Owner].  Since the Copyright-Owner property could not be removed, no

or perhaps

   In this example, the client requests the server to set the value of
   the Authors
property, and to
   remove the property      Copyright-
   Owner.  Since the Copyright-Owner property could not be removed, no

If you have a preference for this, let me know, otherwise I'll just figure
it out.

J.

------------------------------------------
Phone: 914-784-7569,   [email-masked]