Subject: FW: WebDav and Java authorization

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:57:48 -0800

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Golder, Robert [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 1:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] WebDav and Java authorization

Hello,

I am trying to create a text file on a URL in a Java class.

The directory requires username and password to access.

How/where can I set these in the code?

	url = new URL("http://myserver/webdav/myFile.txt");
            connection = (HttpURLConnection)aUrl.openConnection();
            connection.setRequestMethod("PUT");
            connection.setDoOutput(true);
            out = new PrintWriter(connection.getOutputStream());
        	out.println("Some Text");
            out.close();

Currently I get a 401 authorization error.

Thanks,
Rob.

o--Disclaimer--------------------------------------------------------------o
Legally privileged/confidential information may be contained in this
message.  If you are not the intended addressee(s) of this message, you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  In such case, you should
destroy this message, and notify us immediately by calling  telephone 01753
219900.

Please note that Imagin Europe Limited does not accept any responsibility
for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).
Whilst Imagin Europe Limited scans both incoming and outgoing emails for
viruses using current anti-virus software it is still possible for a virus
to become attached to an email's attachment(s).  Imagin Europe Limited is
not liable for any damage caused or loss suffered by your failure to scan
any attachments for viruses and deal with any such viruses appropriately.
o-------------------------------------------------------------------------o