Subject: End: WG Last Call on ACL specification

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:29:04 -0800

This message marks the end of the WebDAV Working Group last call for
comments on the WebDAV Access Control Protocol specification,
draft-ietf-webdav-acl-07.  This last call period began on Friday, November
9,
2001, and ended December 3, 2001. The message starting the last call was:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001OctDec/0178.html

While the last call period has ended, you may still submit comments on
the -07 (or later) revision of the specification. My best estimate for the
completion of a new revision of draft-ietf-webdav-acl is December 7 (this
Friday). As well, due to the IETF meeting, a new Internet-Draft can not be
submitted until the end of this meeting (December 17), so any comments
submitted before that time would be easily incorporated into the next
revision. Note that with the end of the last call period, the burden of
evidence required to effect a significant design change in the protocol is
now much greater.

My characterization of the comments received during this last call period is
that fixing them requires generally minor changes to the specification. This
leads me to believe that the specification has, in fact, resolved known
technical tradeoffs, and is stable. As a result, unless feedback to the
contrary is received from the Minneapolis IETF meeting, I intend on
submitting the next revision (draft-ietf-webdav-acl-08) to the IESG for
approval as a Proposed Standard. There will be no further last call for
comments period within the working group, although there is one last
IETF-wide call for comments that will occur, initiated by the IESG.

- Jim

---

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 10:20:29 -0800

> As a result, unless feedback to the
> contrary is received from the Minneapolis IETF meeting,

Er, make that the *Salt Lake City* IETF meeting:
<http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-52.html>

- Jim