Subject: RE: root of a lock, was HOW_TO_IDENTIFY_LOCK_OWNER

From: "Jason Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:42:21 -0500

> C) The root resource of a lock should be discoverable.

I don't want to distract the discussion, but why is this necessary?  Do we
have a specific reason?

------------------------------------------
Phone: 914-784-7569,   [email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Brotsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:07:54 -0800

>I don't want to distract the discussion, but why is this necessary?  Do we

In addition to Geoff's answer:

If you are an administrator trying to unlock a resource obtained by 
someone else, you have to be able to figure out which resource to 
unlock.  You can't unlock an internal member of a collection that's 
locked by a depth-inifinity lock without knowing which collection was 
actually locked.  Then you can decide whether unlocking that is the 
right thing to do.

     dan
-- 
Daniel Brotsky, Adobe Systems
tel 408-536-4150, pager 877-704-4062
2-way pager email: <mailto:[email-masked]>