Subject: re: [dav-dev] re: ms ie/office/web folder behaviors with webdav

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:59:29 -0800

Accidentally caught by the spam filter on the [email-masked] list.
I'm cc'ing dav-dev, since this message is in response to a message
originally posted there.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitchell Robertson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 6:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] re: [dav-dev] re: ms ie/office/web folder
behaviors with webdav

Perhaps there is a *.ini file somewhere on the clients system that can be
edited (using VBscript or AciveX controls) that stores these settings. If
so, upon loading your page, the user's settings will be changed so that when
he opens the *.doc file, Microsoft Word will launch independantly. I'm
pretty sure that when the user changes settings in windows or any other
program for that matter, *.exe files cannot be writen to. In other words,
settings are probably stored in a non-compiled (text) file that can be
opened and edited.
Please let me know what you think.