Subject: RE: Shared locks

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:15:22 -0800

Accidentally caught by the spam filter. I have added
<[email-masked]> to the accept2 list, so future emails from Frank
at this email address will go straight through to the list.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Biederich [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 7:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] RE: Shared locks

Julian -

> I don't think so.
>
> Our server passes the tests in the Litmus test (as does moddav, I think),
> but I'm not aware of any client actually requesting shared locks...

FYI, Adobe GoLive (version 5 or later) is able to do it. No workflow is
built upon this feature, but you're able to set shared locks on resources
using the included WebDAV browser.

Best, Frank

--
Frank Biederich
Adobe Systems
[email-masked]

http://www.adobe.com
http://www.adobe.com/golive

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:15:05 +0100

Regarding the interoperabiltiy of shared locks:

I've done a few tests and found the following problems with IIS 5.0 (posted
here so that it's gets archived and assigned a URL :-):

1) When reporting shared locks, IIS inserts one DAV:lockdiscovery element
for *each* shared lock into the DAV:prop element. This is plain wrong,
because each DAV: property can only have a single value (maybe the spec
should clarify this in an example?).

2) When UNLOCKing shared locks, it seems that IIS sometimes removes the
wrong lock (you have lock tokens "a", "b" and "c", remove "a", and upon a
new PROPFIND, "a" and "b" are reported).

Shared locks in moddav seem to work as expected (as far as my own tests are
concerned).

Julian

---

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:50:32 -0800

Frank, have you tested interoperability of shared locks with the Xythos
Sharemation server?  What servers have you been able to create shared locks
on?

We'd only need one more interoperable client to be able to keep shared locks
as we go forward.

Lisa