Subject: MOVE command fails with 502 bad gateway on apache server

From: "John Glavin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:53:45 -0800

Hello,

With one particular server my DAV client is getting a "502 bad gateway"
error on the MOVE command.  With most other DAV servers the client doesn't
have a problem so I am wondering if anyone can think of a reason why it
would be failing on this server.  BTW the rename(MOVE) with WebFolders fails
as well but webfolders falls back to uploading the file to a different name
to accomplish the rename operation.

The owner of the server doesn't believe that they are running any proxies on
the server although I don't know how to verify that.

The server reports itself as "Server: Apache/1.3.23 (WCS NFS Patch) (Unix)
DAV/1.0.3"

My MOVE command looks like this

MOVE /share/test/file.txt HTTP/1.1
Destination: http://shares.serverinquestion.com/share/test/newfile.txt
Host: shares.serverinquestion.com
Overwrite: F
User-Agent: WebDrive
Accept-Language: en-us
Translate: f
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: close

HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway

Thank you,

John Glavin
South River Technologies
[email-masked]
http://www.southrivertech.com

---

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:29:14 -0800

Accidentally caught by the spam filter. I have added "[email-masked]" to
the accept2 list.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: John Glavin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 12:04 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] MOVE command fails with 502 bad gateway on
apache server

Hello,

HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway

Thank you,

John Glavin
South River Technologies
[email-masked]