Subject: FW: [Moderator Action] Webdav Search with IIS

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:49:23 -0800

Webdav Search with IISAccidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Fritz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 11:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] Webdav Search with IIS

I want to search for file properties with WebDAV on the Internet Information
Services (together with Indexing Service).

Unfortunately in the MSDN there is no real documentation for WebDAV Search
Requests for the IIS only for the SharePoint Portal Server. Does anyone know
a good reference for such search requests especially for the 'WHERE'-clause,
because the results I got for my attempts are very curious.

For example the code:
var sQuery = "Select DAV:displayname, DAV:creationdate FROM SCOPE() WHERE
not(\"DAV:getcontentlength\" != 1039)";

var oXML = new ActiveXObject('Msxml2.XMLHTTP.4.0');
oXML.open('SEARCH','http://mywebdav_2002/webtest1/',false);
oXML.setRequestHeader('Depth:','1');
oXML.setRequestHeader('Content-Type:','text/xml');

oXML.send('<?xml version="1.0"?><g:searchrequest xmlns:g="DAV:"><g:sql>' +
sQuery + '</g:sql></g:searchrequest>');

alert(oXML.responseText);

supplies the correct result with status 207 in the response but if I change
the 'sQuery' to:
var sQuery = "Select DAV:displayname, DAV:creationdate FROM SCOPE() WHERE
(\"DAV:getcontentlength\" = 1039)";
I only get an empty response with status 207.

Furthermore I do not know how to query a special creationdate or collections
and so on...

Can anyone help me?

Thomas Fritz
[email-masked]