Subject: Internal Server Error 500

From: "Sascha Boehm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:09:38 +0100

Hi,

I configured mod_dav with apache 1.3.20 and it seems to run. When using cadaevr, I can connect and I see my site-documents. When I want to get a site it works, too. But if I want to put a document, I get the following message:

dav:!> open localhost
Looking up hostname... Connecting to server... connected.
dav:/> put seite1.htm
Uploading seite1.htm to `/seite1.htm':
Progress: [=============================>] 100.0% of 640 bytes failed:
500 Internal Server Error

Following permissions I set:

drwxr-xr-x    3 nobody   wwwrun       4096 Mär 18 15:06 .
drwxr-xr-x   14 root     root         4096 Mär 21 09:50 ..
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       2326 Mär 18 15:06 apache_pb.gif
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1884 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ca
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1583 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.cz
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       2274 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.de
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1557 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.dk
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1877 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ee
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1677 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.el
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       2673 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.en
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1799 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.es
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1525 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.fr
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       3706 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.he.iso8859-8
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1847 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.it
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1799 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ja.jis
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1333 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.kr.iso-kr
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1896 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.lu
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       2007 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.nl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1534 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.nn
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1526 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.no
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1497 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.po.iso-pl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1842 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.pt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       2035 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.pt-br
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1591 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ru.cp-1251
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1585 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ru.cp866
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1589 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ru.iso-ru
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1585 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ru.koi8-r
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       3134 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ru.ucs2
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       6268 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ru.ucs4
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       2318 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.ru.utf8
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1700 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.se
-rwxr-xr-x    1 nobody   wwwrun       1062 Mär 18 15:06 index.html.zh.Big5
drwxr-xr-x    9 nobody   wwwrun       4096 Mär 18 15:06 manual

Can somebody help?

thanks,

Sascha Boehm