Subject: FW: Newbie Question on WebDAV/Tomcat

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:15:05 -0800

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 6:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] Newbie Question on WebDAV/Tomcat

Sorry for posting this here but I don't know of anyone else who can help me.

I've recently downloaded and installed Tomcat version 4.0.1 onto my Linux
webserver running Apache.  The setup was successful and I can view the
Tomcat
page at

http://www.dpt-ltd.co.uk:8888/index.html

I noticed that the page contained information on WebDAV, which interested me
greatly as being able to remotely author my website would make my life a
whole
lot easier.  However I can't get it to work!  I've modified the web.xml file
under /var/tomcat4/webapps/webdav/WEB-INF to allow read/write access and
then
restarted Tomcat.  I then go to File -> Open in IE6 and try to open

http://www.dpt-ltd.co.uk:8888/webdav

as a Web Folder, but get the following error message...

Internet Explorer could not open http://www.dpt-ltd.co.uk:8888/webdav as a
Web
Folder.  Would you like to see its default view instead?

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  It all seems fairly straightforward
but I
simply can't get it to work. :(

Please reply to me off-list if possible.  Thanks in advance,

James