Subject: RE: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

From: "Jason Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:32:17 -0400

It sounds like we're converging on a proposal that looks much like Julian's
at the bottom of the following posting...

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001OctDec/0119.html

I have one other proposal to make.  It's based on the above proposal, but
adjusts it a bit so that we have room to
add other structured data to the source tag later if we want.   It just
creates a tag (sourcelabel) to envelop the optional? natural
language description of the source.

   <D:prop xmlns:D="DAV:" xmlns:F="http://www.foocorp.com/Project/">
     <D:source-set>
          <D:source xlink:href="http://foo.bar/src/main.c"
xlink:role="UriDescribingTheRole">
             <D:sourcelabel xml:lang="en">source file</D:sourcelabel>
          </D:source>
          <D:source xlink:href="http://foo.bar/src/main.lib"
xlink:role="UriDescribingTheRole">
             <D:sourcelabel xml:lang="en">library file</D:sourcelabel>
          </D:source>
          <D:source xlink:href="http://foo.bar/src/makefile"
xlink:role="UriDescribingTheRole">
             <D:sourcelabel xml:lang="en">makefile</D:sourcelabel>
          </D:source>
     </D:source-set>
   </D:prop>

Also please comment on how you'd express the situation where a single
source URL has multiple roles.

Thanks :-)

J

------------------------------------------
Phone: 914-784-7569,   [email-masked]

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:03:17 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Jason Crawford
> Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 5:32 PM
> To: Julian Reschke
> Cc: Jim Whitehead; Roy T. Fielding; Webdav WG (E-mail);
> [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED
>
>
>

Fine with me.

1) Idea: maybe D:sourcelabel could be named more generically, such as:
D:displayname.

> source URL has multiple roles.

2) That's something XLink (at least simple XLinks) do not handle. Do you
have a specific use case where it wouldn't be appropiate to simply repeat
the D:source element?

Julian