Subject: Support for 102 Processing

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 15:30:40 -0700

Has interoperability been shown for the 102 Processing response?  Do any
servers send this status response? Do any clients accept it (all *should*,
but I'd like confirming answers).

Lisa

---

From: Stefan Eissing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:03:21 +0200

> but I'd like confirming answers).

Good questions.

Yes we should, but we do not (neither send nor accept). Also, during
interop testing we never encountered a server sending a 102.

//Stefan

---

From: Jim Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:26:46 -0700

Our client does not accept it at this time. And yes, it should.

I haven't seen a server respond with it.

- Jim

---

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 20:11:46 +0100

> I haven't seen a server respond with it.

"102 processing" is really little different from any other intermediate
1xx response: it's a MUST requirement that an HTTP/1.1 client accepts
intermediate 1xx responses.

IIS sends unsolicited "100 continue" responses sometimes.

joe

---

From: Jim Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:14:47 -0700

It already handled "100 continue" so I changed it to handle other 1xx 
responses.

- Jim