Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-presuhn-nmwebdav-00.txt

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:56:45 -0700

This may not be directly applicable to most regulars of this list, but it's
an interesting potential use of WebDAV.

Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 4:39 AM
To: IETF-Announce:
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-presuhn-nmwebdav-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Applying WebDAV (Web Distributed Authoring and
                          Versioning)to Network Configuration Management
                          Problems
	Author(s)	: R. Presuhn
	Filename	: draft-presuhn-nmwebdav-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 31-May-02

This memo examines the potential of using WWW Distributed Authoring
and Versioning (WebDAV) technologies to address the problems of
network configuration management.  It reviews requirements and issues
that have been identified in IETF network configuration management
and operator requirements discussions, matching these requirements
and issues with various WebDAV facilities.  It concludes by
identifying areas for further exploration.
Comments are welcomed, both from the Operations and Management Area
in general, and from participants in the webdav and deltav working
groups in particular.  Please send comments to the author at
[email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-presuhn-nmwebdav-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-presuhn-nmwebdav-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-presuhn-nmwebdav-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-presuhn-nmwebdav-00.txt