Subject: FW: User home directories

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 21:14:14 -0700

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Levy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 9:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] User home directories

Hi all,

I'm currently looking in to using some webdav solution to let our users
access thier home catalogues on our system. Basically Solaris 8 on ufs
disks with user data in yp. Nowing that file sharing via samba and
webdav is a bad thing I still would like to give it a try.

My questions are:
Is this possible? If not will it ever be?
Which webserver have this capability? If I run on Apache I will have to
run it as root and even then I doubt he will access the files as the
logged in user...

/Dan Levy
Systems Administrator
Linköping University