Subject: RE: Multiple servers

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:05:57 -0700

There should be no obstacles to developing a server farm where files are
kept consistent between machines.  Xythos WebFile Server provides an
existence proof.

The WebDAV standard does not address these issues, however.  The standard
does not cover server-to-server communication or data storage. It is left up
to the server implementor to ensure consistency in whatever manner is most
appropriate.

Lisa
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Carlos Martinez-Mascarua
  Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 8:15 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Cc: [email-masked]
  Subject: Multiple servers

  Hi,

  I would like to know if there is any part of DAV that is related to the
issues arising when a server farm is in place; the idea is that each server
is completely independent, and there is a mechanism that will keep the files
consistent between them (using file-level synchronization).

  The problem is: Can locking properties be made consistent among the
servers providing files through DAV?

  I hope this is the right forum for this question.

  Sincerely,

  Carlos Martinez-Mascarua