Subject: RE: Derived objects

From: "Clemm, Geoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:37:09 -0400

From: Marc Girod [mailto:[email-masked]]

   As far as I understood, WebDAV/Delta V is only concerned with
   *version control* of static components.

   Many web pages are however dynamically generated.
   One could even argue that there is a fundamental granularity problem:
   the grain suitable for maintenance (and for sharing) is finer than
   this suitable for navigation.

   Is there a provision to cope with this issue?

The only support in WebDAV/DeltaV for derived resources is the
DAV:source property, and there recently has been a significant
amount of debate in the WebDAV mailing list on whether this
property should be kept as is, removed, or changed.

If you are interested in derived resources, it would be good if
you could review this thread, and indicate whether this property
would be suitable for the use cases you are concerned with, and
if not, how it could be changed to be suitable.

Cheers,
Geoff