Subject: Problem in Frontpage

From: "Sameer Maggon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 09:22:50 -0700

Hi,
   I have a Webdav server running on Apache-Tomcat and on the client machine
i've made a Web Folder (Windows 2000 pro). I can easily access that web
folder through Network Neigh.. and Explorer.. but i'am facing a small
problem.. I've created an HTML page in Frontpage and inserted a Hyperlink in
the Document. If  give the name of the Web Folder directly as
'http://machinemname/webdav/rename.txt' its working fine.. but if I right
click to make a Hyperlink and then browse through the Web Folder and then
point to a File.. and Associate it with the Link.. The hyperlink points to a
temporary file in the Disk. 'file:///......'.

How do i solve the problem...???

Thanx in advance
Sameer

---

From: "Dennis E. Hamilton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:01:01 -0700

Microsoft FrontPage is not a DAV-enabled client.  At least not for versions
through FrontPage 2000.  When accessing a Web Folder, FrontPage 2000 will
fail if the target site does not support FrontPage Server extensions.  It's
Web Folders integration is not as complete as that of some other Office
applications.

-- Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
AIIM DMware Technical Coordinator
------------------
mailto:[email-masked]  tel. +1-206-932-6970
http://DMware.info/             cel. +1-206-779-9430
     ODMA Support http://ODMA.info/

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Sameer Maggon
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 09:23
To: WebDAV IETF
Subject: Problem in Frontpage

Hi,

Thanx in advance
Sameer