Subject: FW: 207 Multi-Status success

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:09:21 -0700

Accidentally caught by the spam filter. I have added [email-masked] to the
accept2 list.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Brown [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 2:54 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Moderator Action] 207 Multi-Status success

I recently implemented the Dav protocol for our Schema repo so it is now a
Dav server....wrote all the code to handle failures for lock, delete, move,
copy and proppatch, so they return a 207 multi-status response and the
appropriate xml as defined by the Dav spec.....my problem is that now.....I
can't find a Dav client that recognizes 207 multi-status as a
"failure"....everyone I've tried, treats it as a "success"....this actually
makes sense to me, since 200 level status codes have always meant "success"
to me....so, if I change the code to remap the 207 multi-status and return a
412 Precondition Failed....then all the clients will treat that response
status as a failure.....obviously, since 400 level codes are "client error"
responses......I don't have much choice but to leave it that way.....

Two questions....1) Am I completely missing something here?? and 2) Can
anybody point me to a Dav client that treats the 207 multi-status as a
"failure" in the appropriate cases??

thanks,
bill

---

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:53:48 +0100

> "failure" in the appropriate cases??

cadaver (and any other client based on the neon library) treats a 207
response to MKCOL, DELETE, etc as an error.

Regards,

joe