Subject: launching a WebDAV client via HTML

From: Frank Lowney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:42:09 -0400

Are there any current or projected protocols that would enable one to 
create an HTML link to a WebDAV enabled site?  I have in mind an 
analog to the mailto: tag.
-- 
=====================================================================
Dr. Frank Lowney  [email-masked]
     Director, Electronic Instructional Services, a unit of the
     Office of Information and Instructional Technology,
     Professional Pages: http://www.gcsu.edu/oiit/eis/
     Personal Pages: http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~flowney
Voice: (478) 445-5260
=====================================================================
We don't make instruction effective, we make effective instruction 
more accessible.

---

From: Jason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:34:04 +1000

Of course you can create a GET type link, if you have the URL for the 
resource you want to link to.

But it sounds like you want to launch a web dav client to look at the 
site?  There is a proprietary microsoft way ie Internet Explorer 5 
(which i haven't tested).  See 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/behaviors/overview/webfolder.asp

cheers,

Jason

Frank Lowney wrote:
 > create an HTML link to a WebDAV enabled site?  I have in mind an analog
 > to the mailto: tag.

Frank Lowney wrote:
> create an HTML link to a WebDAV enabled site?  I have in mind an analog 
> to the mailto: tag.