Subject: WebDAV and WindowsXP

From: Frank Lowney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 21:48:47 -0400

We had been working successfully with a webDAV enabled server 
(WebSTAR V 5.1.3) and Windows 98 and Windows 2000.  Previously, we'd 
been told that our university would not be deploying WindowsXP but 
suddenly there was a change of plans and we found ourselves having to 
work with WindowsXP Dell laptops.  All of the things that had worked 
well before (Web Folders, Network Places, FrontPage 2002, etc.) no 
longer seem to work in the XP environment.

We have a few confounding variables operative at the moment (some 
vague network problems) that are making it difficult to pin this 
sudden loss of functionality squarely on XP.

Can anyone with more experience working in a trouble free networking 
environment and with XP and WebDAV confirm or deny this suspicion? 
Please CC any responses as I'm quite anxious to get closure on this.

-- 
=====================================================================
Dr. Frank Lowney  [email-masked]
     Director, Electronic Instructional Services, a unit of the
     Office of Information and Instructional Technology,
     Professional Pages: http://www.gcsu.edu/oiit/eis/
     Personal Pages: http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~flowney
Voice: (478) 445-5260
=====================================================================
We don't make instruction effective, we make effective instruction 
more accessible.