Subject: RE: If Header: evaluation of all assertions

From: "Clemm, Geoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:36:04 -0400

I agree that we should make this change, to simplify and
clarify the semantics of the If header.  I also agree with
Jason that it is unlikely that any current client depends
on the server not evaluating clauses in a tagged list
(because they don't match operands of the request method),
but it would be good to verify this.

Cheers,
Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Crawford [mailto:[email-masked]]

Geoff suggested I start a new thread...

I'm going to propose that ALL of the IF: header be evaluated
by the server.

---

From: Stefan Eissing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:37:35 +0200

I agree that we should make the change proposed by Jason.
As to verification: we could encourage people on the interop
list to verify, once we have updated test servers. How would
the litmus test be affected by the change?

//Stefan