Subject: Quota draft issues from Atlanta WG mtg.

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:46:06 -0800

The quota draft was very briefly discussed in the WG meeting in Atlanta.

The first open issue were how to define "quota" so that it could be
flexible enough for many different implementations yet still simple
enough for clients to easily use.  The attendees favoured some kind of
language like "quota is the maximum storage available to the current
user in the current collection".  This gives the quota enough context
that both user-based quota systems and collection-based quota systems
can represent quota with a single number.

The second open issue was whether to rename the property names from
"*-bytes" to "*-octets".  The consensus of the attendees was not to
bother.

(I still don't have complete notes from the meeting but did scribble
down this and some other notes myself).

Lisa

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:49:06 +0100

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Lisa Dusseault
> Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 3:46 AM
> To: 'Webdav WG'
> Subject: Quota draft issues from Atlanta WG mtg.
>
> ...
>
>  "*-bytes" to "*-octets".  The consensus of the attendees was not
> to bother.
>
> ...

If attendees did not bother, but IETF does, it seems it would best to change
term term to "octets".

--
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760