Subject: Regression test tools?

From: Bob Denny <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 14:33:35 -0700

OK, call me late to the party, but I am just now implementing WebDAV (class
2) for the Deerfield "Visnetic WebSite" webserver (formerly known as
O'Reilly WebSite Pro). So far so good, thanks to the volumes of second-hand
experience I have gleaned by reading this list's archive. Thanks for that!!!

I have a couple of test tools (DAV explorer and the Tamino test client)
plus various things like GoLive, IE5/6 Web Folders, Dreamweaver MX for
interop testing. Testing with full applications is too painful till I reach
a "peak" during development (followed by yet another descent into a  valley
like the one I got into while atomizing PROPPATCH :-))))

So here are my questions: (2) Does anyone have a suite of validation tools
for WebDAV? I read posts from several folks that said things like "my test
tool reports... and it caught an error in ...". and (2) can I get a copy to
use? Don't worry about it being a support burden. If you'll show me how to
get the engines started, I can fly it.

I wish it were June so I'd be ready for the Sept. interop testing. Sigh...

  -- Bob

---

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 22:01:36 +0000

> get the engines started, I can fly it.

You can try Litmus: http://www.webdav.org/neon/litmus/

Feedback welcome at [email-masked].

Regards,

joe

---

From: Bob Denny <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 15:38:20 -0700

Joe --

OK, thanks. I'll have a look...

  -- Bob