Subject: Re: Operations not Atomic (was: bind draft issues)

From: Jason Crawford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:45:50 -0500

On Monday, 03/03/2003 at 11:35 PST, Brian Korver
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> I disagree strongly.  Nothing should be stated to prohibit
> atomic operations, but the spec should leave this decision
> up to implementors.  There can be perfectly valid reasons
> why a server vendor might want to provide normal filesystem
> semantics to users.

What non-atomic file system semantics in particular are you
refering to here that you feel should be acceptable but are
prohibited.

------------------------------------------
Phone: 914-784-7569,   [email-masked]
I do not check [email-masked]

---

From: Brian Korver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:58:23 -0800

> refering to here that you feel should be acceptable but are

Primarily delete, move, and copy on collections.

-brian
[email-masked]