Subject: FW: [Moderator Action] WEBDAV and Message Properties; Specifically "Changed By" Value

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:29:41 -0800

Accidentally caught by the spam filter.

- Jim
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott.Coltrane [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 3:03 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Moderator Action] WEBDAV and Message Properties; Specifically
"Changed By" Value

I have written VB code to extract messages from an Exchange public folder
using WEBDAV.  I can get all the standard header stuff, like TO and FROM and
TEXTDESCRIPTION and DATERECEIVED.  However, one thing eludes me, and I need
some advice.

There are users who respond to private messages in their own inbox by
changing their FROM field to the name of a public folder, and then CC that
folder.  The result is a public folder containing messages that indicate the
sender of each message is the folder itself.  However, the recipient of the
message can view the original sender's email ID by using the Field Chooser
in Outlook and selecting the CHANGED BY option.  This adds a column to the
recipient's inbox that shows who originally sent the email, regardless of
what the FROM value states.

That's what I'm looking for -- the CHANGED BY value.

Does anybody know how to extract that using WEBDAV?  Would that information
exist in the carbon copied message in the public folder?