Subject: webdav confiuration

From: "Xiaowei Cao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:03:35 -0500

I'm new to webdav

We are using windows 2003 standard edition and IIS6.0.
The webserver is a standalone server.
Our website is a public site that everyone can access.

I'm experimenting to setup WebDav for our developer to transfer 
webpages from a windows xp to the server.
Both server and client the webdav are enabled successfully.

I setup a virtual directory like "test"

I setup  NTFS permission to IUSR_servername account to only deny 
write. Because I don't want anyone to write to our directory.

In directory Test web permission, I set to read, write, directory 
browse, on directory security tab I set to allow anonymous Access. 

Now when I start using webdav in the windows Xp, by opening IE6.0 
browser, like http://servername/test/index.htm
I can see the page. If I open http://servername/test as a web folder, 
I can see the files in the folder but I cannot copy files to it.

This is fine to anonymous users. but how can I let the developer to 
copy files to that directory? 

In other words, I want only developers to write to that directory, 
and also I want all anonymous users to see the webpages. How can I 
configure the security issues related to this?

Thanks