Subject: GEOPRIV and HTTP (WebDAV)? as storage model

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:34:20 -0800

The geopriv working group has made much progress on its requirements,
policies and data model.  

Geopriv is working on the way Internet applications share geographic
location information.  The 'priv' part of the name comes from the
privacy concerns over letting a wide audience know where you are.  
This isn't limited to people, however, but also devices or abstract
entities.

One of the goals of geopriv is to get its objects into existing
protocols such as HTTP.  There's some initial proposals in this area
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daviel-http-geo-header-04.txt)

This email is to inform the WebDAV WG of this work and to call for
volunteers and participants.  Please email me if you're interested 
and what level of interest - document review, design participation, 
etc.

Geopriv charter:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/geopriv-charter.html

Lisa