Subject: BIND spec status

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:41:42 +0100

Hi,

looking at...

<http://www.webdav.org/bind/bind-issues-list.htm>

...we have only one single issue that needs resolution. The latest edits 
  (<http://www.webdav.org/bind/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-02.2.htm>) already 
define the 208 status code, so I think what's left is to execute the 
changes we talked about in 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2003JulSep/0085.html>.

This would require the following changes:

a) import DAV request header definition from rfc2518bis (note that the 
definition in the latest draft probably needs some more work)

b) define a DAV compliance class for the BIND spec

c) clarify that 208 should only be returned when the client specifies 
compliance to the BIND spec in the PROPFIND request (otherwise fail the 
complete request).

The next step would then to submit a new draft (-03) and to issue the 
working group last-call.

Regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760