Subject: More open questions with bind - permissions, multi-resource operations

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:08:00 -0800

What permissions are required in order to perform a BIND request?  I 
would think  that permissions for UNBIND and REBIND are identical to 
permissions for DELETE and MOVE respectively, but this should be 
stated.

Are there issues with CHECKIN of an activity changing multiple bindings 
to the same resource?  MERGE?  Are there any other methods that can 
make changes to a number of resources at once, and thus might have 
problems addressing several bindings to the same resource?

Lisa

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:40:31 +0100

> What permissions are required in order to perform a BIND request?  I 

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-acl-latest.html#PRIVILEGE_bind>

> permissions for DELETE and MOVE respectively, but this should be stated.

They should be identical, but I don't agree it needs to be stated in 
this document. The ACL spec seems to be clear enough.

> to the same resource?  MERGE?  Are there any other methods that can make 
> changes to a number of resources at once, and thus might have problems 
> addressing several bindings to the same resource?

Can you be more specific? I fail to see a problem so far...

Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Stefan Eissing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:24:28 +0100

> permissions for DELETE and MOVE respectively, but this should be 

I think this is well explained in the current ACL spec. Since BIND 
creates a new member URL in a
collection and the DAV:bind privilege controls who is allowed to create 
new member URLs in
a collection, it seems like a perfect match.

Stefan