Subject: WebDAV and Thumbnail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:29:28 EST

As far I could tell, iDisk is sending some "HTTP GET" request for thumbnail  
data.
In a message dated 3/17/2004 11:24:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

[email-masked] wrote:
> Folks,
>  
> Have  anyone tried to enable thumbnails via WebDAV clients? Apple's iDisk 
>  enables such features. All other WebDAV clients don't seem to have such  
> support. For example, in Windows, you could not select a WebFolder to  
> have a thumbnail view.
>  
> Any suggestion? Thanks  in advance.

There's no specific support for that in WebDAV. Do you know  what Apple's 
iDisk is doing here?

Regards,  Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:40:50 +0100

[email-masked] wrote:

> As far I could tell, iDisk is sending some "HTTP GET" request for 
> thumbnail data.

Well, yes. But does it send any special request headers? Is there 
anything special about the URI?

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760