Subject: Charter update: remove ACL goals document

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:36:57 -0800

Another charter item which isn't met yet, and with no progress in 5 
years, is the ACL goals document.

http://www.webdav.org/acl/goals/draft-ietf-webdav-acl-reqts-00.txt

Attention went from goals to specification and never returned.  The ACL 
specification may no longer be very much in line with the goals 
document any more (somebody would have to reread the goals document to 
see).  It doesn't really matter because events left the goals document 
behind.  The main reason for the goals document to be standardized 
would have been to enforce some process on getting ACL itself to RFC 
but that's done now anyway.

So, to perform good housekeeping on our charter, does anybody object to 
simply removing this goal from the charter?

Again, feedback and discussion within 2 weeks would be appreciated.  
Thanks!

Lisa

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:10:46 +0100

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> specification may no longer be very much in line with the goals document 
> any more (somebody would have to reread the goals document to see).  It 
> doesn't really matter because events left the goals document behind.  
> The main reason for the goals document to be standardized would have 
> been to enforce some process on getting ACL itself to RFC but that's 
> done now anyway.
> 

+1 for removing it from the agenda.

Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:34:59 -0500

+1 for removing.

Cheers,
Geoff

> > specification may no longer be very much in line with the goals 
document

---

From: "Eric Sedlar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:18:47 -0800

+1 for me

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of Geoffrey M Clemm
> Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 5:35 PM
> To: Webdav WG
> Subject: Re: Charter update: remove ACL goals document
> 
> 
> +1 for removing.
> 
> Cheers,
> Geoff
>