Subject: Issue 60: LOCK_REFRESH_BODY

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:25:50 +0200

Hi,

the issue...:

"Section 7.8 of RFC 2518 indicates that clients may submit a lock 
refresh without a body. However, it implies that clients could submit a 
lock refresh with a body. Server implementations have been disallowing a 
lock refresh with a body. It might make sense to codify this practice, 
and disallow submission of a body on a lock refresh.

Raised by Rickard Falk:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2000JulSep/0039.html"

I'd like to confirm that we agree on

- a LOCK creation request MUST have a request body and MUST NOT have a 
Lock-Token request header

- a LOCK refresh request MUST NOT have a request body and MUST have a 
Lock-Token request header

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:21:01 +0200

> Lock-Token request header

As nobody spoke up, I'll conclude that this is indeed the case. Jason, 
could you please update the issues list accordingly?

Best regards, Julian