Subject: locks with depth of infinity treated as depth of 1

From: "Stanley Guan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:04:38 -0700

If a server's implementation decides to treat locks with depth of
infinity as depth of 1, what's the recommended way for a 
server receiving requests of locks with depth of infinity?

1) reject it and responded with detailed information
2) accept it silently
3) or others?

What's the recommended way for the servers to reveal the above
fact programmatically?

Thx,

-Stanley

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 02:02:44 +0200

> server receiving requests of locks with depth of infinity?

I'd say that's a bug.

> 1) reject it and responded with detailed information

Yes.

> 2) accept it silently

Never.

> What's the recommended way for the servers to reveal the above

No idea. What's the benefit of a depth: 1 lock??? Maybe this is just a 
misunderstanding, and what you really want is a depth: 0 lock on a 
collection?

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760