Subject: WebDAV Access Control Protocol published as RFC3744

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 21:55:01 +0200

Hi.

It took long, but now we're done -- the WebDAV ACL protocol has been 
published as Proposed Standard. Get it from:

<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3744> (authorative text version)

or

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3744.html> (HTML)
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3744.pdf> (PDF)
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3744.xml> (XML)

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:46:08 -0700

Congratulations.  A lot of good work went into this standard, but it's 
worth pointing out and applauding Geoff's careful modelling, Jim's 
clear writing, and Julian's tireless (and seemingly endlessly required) 
followups at the end.

Lisa

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:39:10 +0200

Hi,

now that the ACL spec is published, we *should* create a new place for 
collecting spec issues (and hopefully their resolutions). For instance, 
this would include the last-minute change that in we end we did not do:

	<http://mailman.webdav.org/pipermail/acl/2004-April/001817.html>

For me the simplest way to do this is to create a document 
"draft-reschke-rfc3744bis" (starting with a copy of RFC3744), and add 
issue markers to the spec itself. I can then automatically create an 
issue list document.

If there aren't any objections to that approach, I'll implement that 
sometime next week.

Best regards,

Julian

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 07:16:49 -0400

Sounds good to me.
Cheers,
Geoff

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:29:33 +0200

>>If there aren't any objections to that approach, I'll implement that 

OK, the issues list is online at 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-rfc3744bis-latest.html> 
(you may want to link from webdav.org/acl to it, Geoff).

Best regards, Julian