Subject: Re: PATCH proposal

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:31:05 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Lisa
Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Just before the IETF I submitted a 5th revision of PATCH, containing 
> only minor changes:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-http-patch-04.txt
> Does this have any outstanding issues I'm not aware of?
I only now got knowledge ot this thing. But after a preliminary quick reading
I think it's ok.
I remember asking about sending diffs to a DeltaV server once in a while
on the DeltaV mailing list in the past.
So I'm happy that there is a METHOD now.

> I feel this is 
> now quite stable and has received wide input, and is acceptable (even 
> if not ideal) to a fairly large # of people.  A number of groups have 
> indicated they'd like to implement it (I'd like to gather more such 
> indications -- if you intend to implement PATCH, let me know).
I will implement it. Probably using my servers diff format at first.

Cheers, Edgar

-- 
[email-masked],       Running Bluebottle           www.edgarschwarz.de
      Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler !  Albert Einstein
www.edgar-schwarz.de/cgi-bin/moin/ www.edgar-schwarz.de/cgi-bin/moin/SwOberon