Subject: Re: Notes from IETF-60 WebDAV WG Meeting

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:33:32 +0200

Julian Reschke wrote:

 > Joe Hildebrand wrote:
 >
 >> BINDINGS
 >>
 >> ...
 >>
 >> Roy suggested to address only the real interoperability problems.  Ted
 >> thought  the draft needs clarification on some possible scenarios.  Ted
 >> suggested that an explicit call to the mailing list seems necessary
 >> regarding whether we need clarifying text on the point mentioned (text
 >> already provided by LD on list).
 >
 >
 >
 > I haven't seen any new mails regarding this topic in the last few weeks.

OK, I'm still not sure what this point is (if anybody is aware about 
exactly what mail this refers to, by all means supply a pointer).

Anyway: what's our plan in order to make progress on this issue?

According to our just recently updated charter 
(<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/webdav-charter.html>), the BIND spec 
should have been in (WG-) last call for over three months now.

Feedback appreciated,

Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:30:08 -0700

How about a fuller response after the American long weekend (after 
Monday)?  August is full of vacations for many.

Lisa

On Sep 5, 2004, at 10:33 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> (<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/webdav-charter.html>), the BIND 
> spec should have been in (WG-) last call for over three months now.
>
> Feedback appreciated,
>
> Julian
>
> --

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:59:03 +0200

Feedback appreciated,

Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:55:08 +0200

> Monday)?  August is full of vacations for many.

OK,

another two weeks without any progress.

At this point, it seems to me that we should simply last-call the 
document. This seems to be the best way to focus the attention of the 
working group on the task of actually finishing this document.

Feedback appreciated,

Julian

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 22:37:30 -0400

I believe that issuing a last call is the only mechanism that will get
the attention needed to complete this document.  We have had several
non-last call attempts to generate this attention, and none have 
succeeded.

Cheers,
Geoff

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:42:36 +0200

Geoffrey M Clemm wrote:

> non-last call attempts to generate this attention, and none have succeeded.
> 
> Cheers,
> Geoff

Agreed.

So, Lisa and Joe, please either last-call the document, or give a clear 
indication about what you expect the authors to do so that we can 
achieve that milestone (the just revised charter at 
<http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/webdav-charter.html> says this should 
have been done almost half a year ago).

Best regards, Julian