Subject: WebDAV at IETF 61

From: Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:56:56 -0600

I've just asked for a slot for us in DC.

Does anyone want to propose agenda items?  Here are a couple that I'd like
to propose:

- Final discussion on BIND.  Let's push this out.
- Redirect: any discussion needed
- 2518bis: status report
- Status of drafts of note for the working group:
 + PATCH
 + Quota 
 + Property datatyping
 + SEARCH 
 + CalDAV
 + WebDAV-events

If possible, I'd like for authors of the outstanding documents to attend, so
that anything that is discussed can be incorporated into his/her thought
process.

-- 
Joe Hildebrand

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:25:15 +0200

> I've just asked for a slot for us in DC.

I will not be able to attend that meeting physically, but I'll try the 
text conferencing. Generally, for those who need to do travel planning 
and booking, it would be extremely helpful to know about an upcoming 
meeting longer in advance.

> - Final discussion on BIND.  Let's push this out.

I'd prefer to do it on the mailing list. Looking back at the previous 
meetings, none of the active draft contributors attended the meeting 
physically (except the WG chairs), so no actual progress was made that way.

> that anything that is discussed can be incorporated into his/her thought

As far as the drafts that I author are concerned, I'll post a summary in 
time before the meeting. I'd also like to ask the authors of other 
drafts to actually follow-up to the feedback that was sent to the 
mailing list in response to their drafts being published.

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 06:53:34 -0500

Unfortunately, I also will not be able to attend that meeting
physically (I'm traveling that day, so will not be able to attend
remotely either).

So I would also prefer that we have the final discussion on
BIND in the mailing list, but completely agree with the second
half of the bullet (i.e., "Let's push this out.").

Cheers,
Geoff

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:44:36 -0700

> meeting longer in advance.
The dates of IETF weeks are known well in advance, and we always 
schedule a WebDAV WG meeting.  The exact day of the meeting cannot be 
known until the entire agenda is fixed, so unfortunately there's not 
much Joe and I can do to make the exact day for WebDAV known in 
advance.

What a lot of us do is block off the entire week long in advance, 
possibly even buying tickets in advance. Then we attend the whole 
meeting, scheduling side talks, seeing what related working groups are 
doing, and often scheduling customer meetings into the week too (for 
those of us who have customers).  Others plan ahead and then buy 
tickets only a couple weeks in advance so they can be there only for 
the most crucial days.

Lisa

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:50:51 -0700

I'm confused; which day is it you're travelling?  The agenda-meisters 
haven't yet published a final agenda for this IETF, when they do it 
will replace this draft agenda and have WebDAV on it.  
<http://www.ietf.org/meetings/agenda_61.html>

Lisa

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:23:00 -0400

I mistyped.  I meant "I'm traveling that week" (a cruise, for my wife's
birthday, so not negotiable on date or location :-).

Cheers,
Geoff

Lisa wrote on 10/22/2004 05:50:51 PM:
> >>> Does anyone want to propose agenda items?  Here are a couple that 
I'd
> > like
> >> physically (except the WG chairs), so no actual progress was made 
that
> > way.
> >> As far as the drafts that I author are concerned, I'll post a summary 

> >> in

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:53:38 +0200

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> much Joe and I can do to make the exact day for WebDAV known in advance.
> 
> those of us who have customers).  Others plan ahead and then buy tickets 
> only a couple weeks in advance so they can be there only for the most 
> crucial days.

Assuming that all (or even a majority of the) working group members will 
have the necessary support from their management to travel to IETF 
meetings for three weeks per year is simply unrealistic. So *if* it is a 
goal to get more of the active working group members to attend meetings, 
things need to become a bit easier for them (things that come to mind is 
  *not* having a meeting three times per year, agenda and dates being 
known as much in advance as possible, and so on).

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Eric Hanson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:06:06 +0000

I'm doing research on using WebDAV as an HTTP metadata layer
with webdav properties that contain RDF metadata.  I know this
is an old idea, but it still seems like the best way to do it is
a little grey.  Are there people in the IETF that are looking at
this?

Eric

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:01:48 -0700

OSAF is attempting something very similar to this with Chandler.  It's 
not exactly RDF, but it's a storage model based on RDF.

Lisa