Subject: WebDAV server for IETF

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 08:56:44 -0700

I thought I sent an announcement to this mailing list a while back but 
I guess it never went through... Jim Whitehead & I, with help from Sung 
Kim and Greg Stein and Marshall Rose, have set up a WebDAV server for 
IETF working groups to use for collaboration.

The site is <http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu/> or <http://ietf.webdav.org>.  
Most paths on the server, e.g. <http://ietf.webdav.org/webdav/> support 
WebDAV methods.  The only exception is the path 
<http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu/xythoswfs/webui/>, which is the path to a 
Web-based GUI.  The server software is Xythos WebFile Server, provided 
free for this site by Xythos Software, Inc.  <www.xythos.com>.  The 
software supports RFC2518 (WebDAV) including locking, RFC3253 
(versioning), RFC3744 (access control) and more. The site hosting is 
free from UCSC.  (The machine hardware was purchased by me, so I'd be 
happy to take donations until that cost is somewhat defrayed.)

Currently I'm managing site administration, which means I am setting up 
accounts and creating directories. I've started working on drafts there 
myself -- for example, I collaborate with my co-authors on CalDAV by 
using the server.

Lisa