Subject: [Bug 46] New: URLs in Multistatus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 05:04:25 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=46

           Summary: URLs in Multistatus
           Product: WebDAV-RFC 2518-bis
           Version: -06
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-
                    auth/2004JulSep/0154.html
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 12.  Multi-Status Response
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
                CC: [email-masked]

Section 12:

    When a Multi-Status body is returned in response to a PROPFIND or
    another request with a single scope, all URLs appearing in the body
    must be equal to or inside the request-URI, thus the URLs MAY be
    absolute or MAY be relative.

What is a "single" scope. Ans what does it mean for a URI to be "inside" 
another?

It continues saying:

    When a Multi-Status body is returned in response to MOVE or COPY,
    relative URIs resolution is ambiguous (the request had both a source
    and a destination URL).  Thus, URLs appearing in the responses to
    MOVE or COPY SHOULD be absolute and fully-qualified URLs.

What is a "fully-qualified" URL? If this is meant to say that the URI, 
when relative, MUST start with a "/", then it should be more clear about 
that.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.