Subject: [Bug 26] New: URL syntax in PROPFIND

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:35:49 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=26

           Summary: URL syntax in PROPFIND
           Product: WebDAV-RFC 2518-bis
           Version: -06
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-
                    auth/2004JulSep/0153.html
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 08.  HTTP Methods for Distributed Authoring
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
                CC: [email-masked]

"Clients expect the fully-qualified URLs of members of a collection to have a
common prefix which is the fully-qualified URL of the parent collection itself."

If this is meant to define a normative requirement on server behaviour, it
should be worded accordingly.

"URLs in a PROPFIND response body MAY be represented as fully-qualified URLs, in
which case they must all contain the full parent collection URL (scheme, host,
port, and absolute path).   Alternatively, these URLs MAY be absolute paths (not
containing scheme, host or port), but in this case they must all still contain
the full parent collection path."

I'd strongly suggest to remove all of this and to clearly state using the
RFC2396(bis) productions what is allowed.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.