Subject: [Bug 62] New: href format

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:32:23 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=62

           Summary: href format
           Product: WebDAV-RFC 2518-bis
           Version: -06
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-
                    auth/2004JulSep/0156.html
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: critical
          Priority: P2
         Component: 13.  XML Element Definitions
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
                CC: [email-masked]

Purpose:  Identifies the content of the element as a URI.  In many
       situations, this URI MUST be a HTTP URI, and furthermore, it MUST
       identify a WebDAV resource.  There is one exception to this
       general rule in the lockdiscovery property, where the lock token
       (which is a URI but may not be a HTTP URI) is inside the href
       element.  Other specifications SHOULD be explicit if the href
       element is to contain non-HTTP URIs.

Wow? Since when? May it refer to a null resource? Is a null resource a 
WebDAV resource? What about location/href, for instance? Unless there's 
consensus for this incompatible change to RFC2518, please remove it.

    Value:  URI (See section 3.2.1 of RFC2616 [8])

No. URIs are defined in RFC2396(bis).

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.