Subject: [Bug 59] New: failed LOCK response body

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:28:46 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=59

           Summary: failed LOCK response body
           Product: WebDAV-RFC 2518-bis
           Version: -06
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-
                    auth/2004JulSep/0156.html
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 08.  HTTP Methods for Distributed Authoring
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
                CC: [email-masked]

8.11.6

    423 (Locked) - The resource is locked already.  For consistency's
    sake, this response SHOULD contain the 'missing-lock-token'
    precondition element.

I find this misleading. We have a strict separation between LOCK 
creation (with request body) and LOCK refresh (without). If a LOCK 
creation request fails because the resource is already exclusively 
locked, providing the lock token in the If header will not help at all.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.