Subject: [Bug 50] New: Property teminology inconsistent with RFC3253

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 05:10:25 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=50

           Summary: Property teminology inconsistent with RFC3253
           Product: WebDAV-RFC 2518-bis
           Version: -06
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-
                    auth/2004JulSep/0154.html
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 14.  DAV Properties
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
                CC: [email-masked]

Some property values are calculated by the server and it is not
    appropriate to allow client changes, thus they are protected.
    Existing server implementations already have different sets of
    RFC2518 properties protected, but clients can have some expectations
    which properties are normally protected.  The value of a protected
    property may not be changed even by a user with permission to edit
    other properties.  The value of an unprotected property may be
    changed by some users with appropriate permissions.

This definition seems to slightly differ from what RFC3253 says. That 
seems to be a bad idea (here is seems to identify "calculated" with 
"protected"; in RFC3253 there's a clear difference between "protected" 
and "computed").

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.