Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-bind-07.txt

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 12:27:05 +0100

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> 
> 
> On Oct 15, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> 
>>
>>
>> I'm not sure why you don't want to discuss those though. IETF working 
>> groups by definition do their work on their respective mailing lists; 
>> whether or not a supporting bug tracking system (which will have to 
>> send change notifications to the mailing list anyway) is in place 
>> should not be relevant (although this probably will be helpful).
>>
> I am quite willing to discuss these on the list, what I said was that I 
> wasn't interested in discussing them on the list now (not until Joe's 
> ready to monitor the issue discussions and track issues and declare 
> consensus.)

OK, as far as I can tell (mentioned during the WG meeting [0]), the 
Issues Tracker has been set up (although I haven't seen it CCing the 
mailing list like it should).  So this should mean that we can get back 
to do actual work on the spec.

IMHO the right way to proceed is to review the author's issues list 
([1]) and to verify that issue resolutions match the WG consensus back 
when the issue was discussed.  If the originator of an issue is *not* 
satisfied, I'd expect him/her to continue the discussion here on the 
mailing list.  Raising the issue once and then not replying to answers 
indicates (to me) that the answer/resolution was OK, though.

Best regards, Julian

[0] <http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-logs/[email-masked]/2004-11-11.html>
[1] <http://www.webdav.org/bind/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-issues.html>

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760