Subject: [Bug 3] Bindings draft should specify if all properties MUST have same value on all bindings

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:33:49 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|REOPENED                    |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |WORKSFORME

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2004-12-02 23:33 -------
I don't understand this statement. BIND needs to say that RFC2518 applies?

The data model for BIND is described in Section 1 ("Introduction"), and as far
as I can tell, it says exactly what it should say.

As dicussed in <http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3#c1>,
there seems to be rough consensus of all others particating in the discussion
that there is no need for a change. If you disagree, please convince other
active working group participants to speak up.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.

---

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:55:35 -0800

I agree with closing this issue -- I think it's pretty clear that the dead
properties should be the same, and the open-ended semantics of live
properties are such that they could potentially vary by binding, if that's
how theyr'e defined.

- Jim

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:20:09 -0800

There must not be agreement, because the last consensus on what was 
allowed was that even live properties would not be allowed to vary by 
binding.

I'm happy with resolving the issue either way, however I believe the 
spec needs to make it very clear what servers MUST do.

Lisa