Subject: BIND issue 6_rebind_intro broke REBIND

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:10:47 +0100

Hi,

with 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-08.html#rfc.issue.6_rebind_intro>, 
I (we?) have broken the description of REBIND. It currently reads

"The REBIND method removes a binding to a resource from the collection 
identified by the Request-URI, and adds a binding to that resource into 
another collection. The request body specifies the binding to be removed 
(segment) and the new binding to be created (href). It is effectively an 
atomic form of a MOVE request."

while it should say:

"The REBIND method removes a binding to a resource from a collection, 
and adds a binding to that resource into the collection identified by 
the Request-URI. The request body specifies the binding to be added 
(segment) and the old binding to be removed (href). It is effectively an 
atomic form of a MOVE request."

Note that also the precondition names that we changed will need to 
revert back to their original form.

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760