Subject: BIND issue 3.1_uuids (action item)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:09:23 +0100

Hi,

see 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.issue.3.1_uuids>:

"Action item: if draft-mealling-uuid-urn gets accepted in time, consider 
referencing it and using urn:uuid URIs instead of opaquelocktoken URIs. 
See IETF I-D Tracker."

In fact, the draft *has* been approved (see 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=9352>) 
and now is in the RFC Editor's publication queue: 
<http://rfc-editor.org/queue.html#mealling-uuid-urn>.

Thus, I'd propose to

a) to mention urn:uuid URIs in the description of DAV:resource-id,
b) to use them in examples and
c) add an informative reference to draft-mealling-uuid-urn

Feedback appreciated, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:42:05 -0500

Sounds good to me.

Cheers,
Geoff

> In fact, the draft *has* been approved (see 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=9352
> >)

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:44:34 +0100

> Geoff

OK, done in 
<http://www.webdav.org/bind/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.issue.3.1_uuids>.

As we're in WG-Last-Call: note that this change does not affect any 
normative language in the spec; it just adds the "uuid" URN namespace to 
the list of URI schemes suitable for usage in DAV:resource-ids (and it 
also uses it in the one example where the DAV:resource-id property appears).

Best regards,

Julian