Subject: [Bug 74] Remove UUID generation instructions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 07:39:25 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=74

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-02-06 07:39 -------
Suggested replacement text:

Appendix D.  'opaquelocktoken' URI Scheme

    The opaquelocktoken URI scheme is designed to be unique across all
    resources for all time.  Due to this uniqueness quality, a client may
    submit an opaque lock token in an If header on a resource other than
    the one that returned it.

    All resources MUST recognize the opaquelocktoken scheme and, at
    minimum, recognize that the lock token does not refer to an
    outstanding lock on the resource.

    In order to guarantee uniqueness across all resources for all time
    the opaquelocktoken requires the use of the Universal Unique
    Identifier (UUID) mechanism, as described in Section 4 of
    [draft-mealling-uuid-urn].

      OpaqueLockToken-URI = "opaquelocktoken:" UUID [path]
      ; UUID: see [draft-mealling-uuid-urn], Section 3.
      ; path: see [RFC3986], Section 3.3.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.