Subject: [Bug 79] New: PUT for collections rationale

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:56:12 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=79

           Summary: PUT for collections rationale
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -06
          Platform: Other
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 08.  HTTP Methods for Distributed Authoring
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

Section 8.8.2 states:

   As defined in RFC2616 [8], the "PUT method requests that the enclosed
   entity be stored under the supplied Request-URI."  Since submission
   of an entity representing a collection would implicitly encode
   creation and deletion of resources, this specification intentionally
   does not define a transmission format for creating a collection using
   PUT.  Instead, the MKCOL method is defined to create collections.

There is nothing in RFC2616 that would mandate that PUT on a collection would
affect collection membership. Simply drop the paragraph.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.