Subject: WG last call on BIND

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:31:51 +0100

Hi,

the working group last call for BIND ended today (see announcement in 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2005JanMar/0001.html>).

As far as I can tell, we have a few issues left that we need to close in 
some way or another before we can submit a new draft for IETF last call:

1) "Bindings needs to completely describe how bindings interact with 
locks." <http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2>

In my opinion, we have clarified semantics where RFC2518 + BIND (draft 
10) indeed were unclear. Lisa Dusseault has asked for additional 
clarifications on LOCK refresh behaviour, but IMHO didn't provide any 
compelling argument why this needs additional spec text.

So I'm +1 for closing this as "resolved".

2) "Bindings and DeltaV aren't fully interspecified" 
<http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5>

I think we have reached some kind of consensus that the spec shouldn't 
say anything specific about BIND implications for RFC3253. Where we 
disagree is whether it actually needs to state that certain things are 
out-of-scope, and in which way. As far as I can tell, the whole 
discussion is contained in the bug tracker comments, so it would be nice 
if people would review the whole bug history and give some feedback 
about whether something needs to be done and what.

3) "Clarify what servers may and may not do with privileges when BIND is 
used" <http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=71>

As far as I'm concerned, this has nothing to do with BIND, and, if this 
really is a problem, needs to be discussed in RFC3744 errata. Therefore 
it should be closed (in the current form of a issue raised against BIND).

Note that if we can get these issues resolved within the next two weeks, 
we'll be able to submit a draft for IETF last call in time before the 
next IETF meeting.

Thanks to all who reviewed the spec in the last few weeks!

Please also review all changes that have been made since draft -10 in 
<http://www.webdav.org/bind/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.section.A.9>.

Best regards,

Julian Reschke

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:07:39 -0500

+1 on closing these three issues as resolved.

Cheers,
Geoff

> Please also review all changes that have been made since draft -10 in 
<http://www.webdav.org/bind/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.section.A.9
> >.

---

From: Elias Sinderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 14:47:33 -0800

Julian Reschke wrote:

> the working group last call for BIND ended today [...] As far as I can 
> tell, we have a few issues left that we need to close in some way or 
> another before we can submit a new draft for IETF last call [...] 
> Please also review all changes that have been made since draft -10 [...]

I'm satisfied that the open issues have been addressed sufficiently and 
can be marked as closed. I reviewed the changes in the latest draft and 
am happy with the new and revised text.

Cheers,
Elias