Subject: write access to live properties

From: wangdong(王栋) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:01:23 +0800

About live propeties, Rfc2518 said "the value of the property is maintained by
the client, but the server performs syntax checking on submitted values"
I wonder which live properties can be "maintained" by a client,I can't find
anything helpful in the RFC2518 . 

Best wishes
Wang

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:37:09 +0200

> anything helpful in the RFC2518 . 

RFC2518 doesn't say anything specific here because it depends on the
server. For instance, some servers implement DAV:displayname as a
protected property that always has the same value as the last path
segment minus URI escaping (IMHO a bug). Others allow setting it. Some
servers allow setting the DAV:get* properties (such as getcontenttype),
other's don't. And so on...

At the end of the day, a client will have to try and properly process
any kind of status it gets back.

Best regards,

Julian