Subject: WGLC draft-ietf-webdav-quota-07

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:59:30 -0700

I would like to start working group last call

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-quota-07.txt

This WGCL will end on June 27th so please have your comments emailed to this
list before then.

Thank you, Cullen

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:24:18 +0200

> This WGCL will end on June 27th so please have your comments emailed to this

Hi,

we (greenbytes, currently contracting for SAP), do not intend to 
implement the QUOTA spec any time soon, but we do feel that the spec is 
stable and mature, and it is suited as an interoperable base for a set 
of differing quota implementations.

Some more thoughts:

- The spec started as a description of a very specific quota 
implementation, which wasn't directly implementable for other quota 
systems such as the Unix one; as far as I can tell, this problem has 
been resolved.

- The spec still contains a somewehat arbitrary optimization for a 
specific type of implementation (requiring live properties on 
collections but not on it's members). I'd prefer that one to be removed, 
simplifying the spec a bit more, but unless others feel the same way, we 
should probably leave things as they are (WG dicussion back in 
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2005JanMar/0322.html>)

- The spec currently suggests that disk limits to be marshalled as 
quotas. I'm not sure this is a good idea (for instance, Unix handles 
those very differently), but again I'm not planning to lie down in the 
road because of it.

Best regards,

Julian

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:32:03 -0400

I agree with Julian's comments.  In particular, I would also prefer
that the two changes Julian suggest below be made, but like Julian, would
not lie in the road to make sure they get made (:-).

Cheers,
Geoff