Subject: New draft of RFC2518bis

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:26:08 -0700

The new draft is available here as well as in the I-D repository:
http://ietf.webdav.org/webdav/rfc2518bis/

(also available the overall changes doc and the XML version.)

I am about to go on vacation and I won't be on email much until the start  
of the IETF week.  There are still open issues (and a big open issue about  
how we track open issues) so we'll have to have some broad discussion.

Also missing is basic interoperability results documentation.  We never  
put that together from the interop meetings we held a few years ago; does  
anybody even have that handy?  Do we know which parts are to be public and  
which were to be kept private?  I don't recall exactly which agreements we  
had to protect implementors and encourage them to attend and participate.

Lisa

---

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:01:32 -0700

> Also missing is basic interoperability results documentation. 
>  We never put that together from the interop meetings we held 
> a few years ago; does anybody even have that handy?  Do we 
> know which parts are to be public and which were to be kept 
> private?  I don't recall exactly which agreements we had to 
> protect implementors and encourage them to attend and participate.

As I recall, we did collect some interoperability information, though I
think this was mostly Litmus runs. I'm not sure we can find this
information, though I suppose it would be worth searching for it.

While Litmus can certainly tell us if the servers implement specific
features, it's not quite the interoperability information people want for
going to draft standard anyway.

- Jim