Subject: Webdav Starter Question..........

From: "yogio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:18:19 +0530

Hi,
Can anyone please tell e how webdav client requests are mapped to webdav server....

regards,
Yogi

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:05:24 +0200

> Can anyone please tell e how webdav client requests are mapped to webdav 

I fear you'll need to ask a lot more specific question to get a useful 
answer.

One way to find out how a server works may be to study source code 
(Apache/moddav, Apache Slide...).

Best regards, Julian

---

From: "yogio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:16:39 +0530

thanks for the reply....
instead can you tell me where from i can start reading about webdav and its
integration with an application. i need to use webdav with my application to
upload download files(any type).
regards,
yogi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
To: "yogio" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Webdav WG" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: Webdav Starter Question..........

> (Apache/moddav, Apache Slide...).

Disclaimer   :-   This e-mail message including any attachment may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, coping, altering or disclosing the content of this message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Newgen Software Technologies Ltd and / or its subsidiary Companies accept no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the  sender does so expressly with due authority of Newgen Software Technologies Ltd
 and / or its subsidiary Companies, as applicable.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:03:37 +0200

> upload download files(any type).

Well, you'll probably need to understand parts of RFC2616 (HTTP and 
RFC2518 (WebDAV).

To use that in your application, you'll need at least an HTTP library, 
optimally with some specific WebDAV support. Which one depends on what 
platform you're on (check out the XmlHttpRequest object in MSXML for 
Microsoft platforms, the neon C-library for open source, and possibly 
the Apache Slide client libraries for Java).

Best regards, Julian