Subject: Re: Request for comments: draft-reschke-webdav-mount-latest

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 16:23:34 +0200

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> this document 
> (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-mount-latest.html>) 
> describes an extremely simple and platform/browser independant 
> protocol/format for WebDAV servers to instruct the local webdav client 
> to mount a specific URL and open a window (for a child collection of 
> it). We intend to support this format in future SAP Netweaver releases, 
> but it's designed to be open and extensible (thus we're choosing the 
> IETF process).
> 
> Server implementation is trivial; at this point we're mainly looking for 
> the feedback from client programmers (Jim L., are you listening??? :-).
> 
> Note: the draft hasn't been submitted to the IETF yet (because of the 
> forthcoming IETF meeting).

Hi,

in the meantime I added some stuff (optional user name, security 
considerations...); and submitted an initial draft. Edits will continue 
on 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-mount-latest.html>.

Best regards, Julian