Subject: Caching in WebDav

From: "Adam Mrozowski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:49:20 +0200

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to omit cachnig in WebDAV. Now if the file is once read from the server it's cached on the client hdd and next time the client opens the file it's being read from the cache (not from the server if there were no changes).
Is there a way to force WebDAV not to cache files on local hdd?

regards
adam

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 19:57:56 +0200

Adam Mrozowski wrote:
> Hi,
>  
> I wonder if it's possible to omit cachnig in WebDAV. Now if the file is 
> once read from the server it's cached on the client hdd and next time 
> the client opens the file it's being read from the cache (not from the 
> server if there were no changes).

WebDAV is an extension of HTTP, so whatever RFC2616 says about caching 
applies to WebDAV as well.

Your question seems to be about a particular client, right? If you tell 
us which, somebody may be able to come up with a more helpful answer...

Best regards, Julian