Subject: [Bug 146] New: PROP_ROUNDTRIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:23:18 -0700

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=146

           Summary: PROP_ROUNDTRIP
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -07
          Platform: Other
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 14.  DAV Properties
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

The specification is currently unclear as to how a server should handle the
round-trip representation of property information. That is, if a client does a
PROPPATCH/PROPFIND pair, what can it expect about the property value that is
returned, as compared to the original property value it wrote. Some XML
attributes have semantics that would allow a server to return XML that was
semantically the same as the original, but was a different sequence of octets
than the original. It is also possible that the protocol specification should be
silent on this issue. An example of this ambiguity is whitespace.

Raised during discussion of the PROP_ATTR issue:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001AprJun/0047.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001AprJun/0052.html

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.