Subject: [Bug 105] New: COPY for Collection Resources vs infinite loops

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:41:45 -0700

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=105

           Summary: COPY for Collection Resources vs infinite loops
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -07
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-
                    rfc2518bis-07.html#rfc.section.8.9.3
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 08.  HTTP Methods for Distributed Authoring
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

Now says:

"A COPY of depth infinity instructs that the collection resource identified by
the Request-URI is to be copied to the location identified by the URI in the
Destination header, and all its internal member resources are to be copied to a
location relative to it, recursively through all levels of the collection
hierarchy. Servers should of course avoid infinite recursion, and can do so by
copying the source resource as it existed at the point where processing started."

The last sentence was added. I'm not sure why. Of course servers never should
run in an infinite loop, but that applies to all Depth-related operations. I'm
not sure why it's stated here, and furthermore I don't understand what the
suggested workaround is.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.