Subject: [Bug 26] URL syntax in PROPFIND

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 04:46:02 -0700

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=26

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Version|-06                         |-07

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-10-03 04:46 -------
Update 07
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-07.html#rfc.section.8.2.p.11>).

Now says:

"Unless otherwise notified, clients may expect that the URL for the parent
collection in the PROPFIND response will be the same URL that was used to refer
to the parent collection in the PROPFIND request. Servers MAY use an alternate
URL for the parent collection in a PROPFIND response, but in this case the
server MUST include a Content-Location header whose value is the fully-qualified
URL used by the server to refer to the parent collection in this response."

I don't understand what this means, and what problem it is supposed to address.
As far as I can tell, clients will not be able to cope with the collection URL
(after normalization and resolution) being different from what the request URI
was (maybe except normalization of trailing "/").

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.