Subject: [Bug 150] New: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:29:45 -0700

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=150

           Summary: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -07
          Platform: Other
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 14.  DAV Properties
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

The concepts of dynamic resources and the details of the source property are not
well defined and to some degree this might be limiting implementation. What is
our policy on PUT on a dynamic resource? What/who creates the relationship
between the source and the dest&#65533; How does a client know how to describe the
constituent pieces of source in a UI&#65533; Are the src and dst reversed in 2518? What
property values does PROPFIND return for a dynamic resource? Can the dav:source
property be written by the client? -- There also was a proposal at the SLC IETF
meeting to separate the DAV:source property in to it's own spec.

See discussion following:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001OctDec/0094.html
and a proposal at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001OctDec/0119.html

Almost resolved to remove the dav:source property from the spec to give us a
clean slate to work with if we want to add a more completely specified version
of that functionality later. It looks like there might be an effort to define it
as of 5/13/02.

See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2002AprJun/0099.html
-- 8/27/02 still no interoperable implementations.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.