Subject: [Bug 106] New: COPY and the Overwrite Header vs merge behaviour desc added

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:42:58 -0700

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=106

           Summary: COPY and the Overwrite Header  vs merge behaviour desc
                    added
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -07
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-
                    rfc2518bis-07.html#rfc.section.8.9.4
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 08.  HTTP Methods for Distributed Authoring
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

Interoperability testing has shown that some clients expect a	
			collection COPY to actually do a merge if a destination collection	
			exists. That behavior is appropriate for file system folders but not	
			necessarily for other data objects modelled as collections. Thus,	
			implementors are urged to comply with the standard language above,	
			and leave clients to perform a manual merge if that's the expected	
			behavior when copying a collection over another collection.
      
May be a useful remark, but I think it should either clearly marked as a
comment, or moved into an appendix (away from normative text)

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.