Subject: [Bug 119] New: DATE_FORMAT_GETLASTMODIFIED

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:25:17 -0700

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=119

           Summary: DATE_FORMAT_GETLASTMODIFIED
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -07
          Platform: Other
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 14.  DAV Properties
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

RFC 2518 specifies that the DAV:getlastmodified property must have the format
specified by the HTTP-date production in RFC 2068. However, HTTP-date allows
three date formats, rfc1123-date, rfc850-date, and asctime-date. Since RFC 2068
requires clients to accept all three time formats, this creates some ambiguity
for whether WebDAV clients should also accept all three. The WebDAV
specification should be updated to clarify that only the rfc1123-date production
should be used in DAV:getlastmodified.

Raised by Joe Orton:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1999AprJun/0172.html

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.