Subject: [Bug 170] New: no mention of 424 in section 8.3.2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:11:44 -0700

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=170

           Summary: no mention of 424 in section 8.3.2
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -07
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-
                    auth/2005OctDec/0272.html
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 08.  HTTP Methods for Distributed Authoring
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

As reported by Bernard Desruisseaux:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2005OctDec/0272.html>

The response to PROPPATCH in Section "8.3.2  Example - PROPPATCH"
contains a <D:status>HTTP/1.1 424 Failed Dependency</D:status>, but
the status code "424 Failed Dependency" is not listed in Section
"8.3.1  Status Codes for use with 207 (Multi-Status)".

While the list of status codes in Section 8.3.1 is not necessarily
exhaustive, I think the status code 424 should definitely be mentionned.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.