Subject: limit user per ip in mod_dav

From: Blowfish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:44:58 +0200

Hello, I have a question about the mod_dav Apache Module.
I limit a directory per user with the directive "require user", but I
want to limit the simultaneous connections with the same user.
Is there a solution for limit the access user to one IP, not multiples
IP's connected with same user.
I use the mod_dav-1.0.3p0.tgz module.

I hope somebody helps me.
Thanks.

---

From: Jim Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:50:28 -0700

Just so you know, if you put limits like that on a WebDAV server, it  
won't work with Mac OS X's WebDAV file system which handles multiple  
concurrent requests from multiple file system clients (where a client  
is some process thread). We tried queuing requests on the client and  
handling them one at a time, but that made the file system very non- 
responsive when a request that should be relatively fast (i.e. a  
PROPFIND with a depth of 0) got queued up behind a request that could  
take minutes or hours (i.e. a GET on a large resource).

In the current implementation, the Mac OS X WebDAV file system will  
have at most 5 connections open with the server and will queue file  
system client requests when all of those connections are in use.

- Jim