Subject: [Bug 40] Definition of "null resource" gone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:07:53 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=40

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-11-25 08:07 -------
It's true that this definition is removed from the beginning definitions
sections.  However, I was careful to introduce the concept with an explanation
the first time it's mentioned.  I think this is more helpful to the user because
it avoids making lock-null resources appear like they're still required
features.  Here's the text currently.

   In this situation, a WebDAV server that was implemented from RFC2518
   MAY create "lock-null" resources which are special and unusual
   resources.  Historically, a lock-null resource:

   o  Responds with a 404 or 405 to any DAV method except for PUT,
      MKCOL, OPTIONS, PROPFIND, LOCK, UNLOCK.

   o  Appears as a member of its parent collection.

   o  Disappears (URI becomes unmapped) if its lock goes away before it
      is converted to a regular resource.  (This must also happen if it
      is renamed or moved, or if any parent collection is renamed or
      moved, because locks are tied to URLs).

   o  May be turned into a regular resource when a PUT request to the
      URL is successful.  Ceases to be a lock-null resource.

   o  May be turned into a collection when a MKCOL request to the URL is
      successful.  Ceases to be a lock-null resource.

   o  Has defined values for DAV:lockdiscovery and DAV:supportedlock
      properties.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.