Subject: [Bug 18] no record of consensus for force-authenticate

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:06:06 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=18

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked][email-masked]
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |NEW

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-11-25 11:06 -------
Rough consensus reached around the approach that Jim sugested in his email of
31, Oct: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2005OctDec/0436.html>

Briefly,
* add appendix documenting the problem, known 'hacks' (If header, 100-continue)
and their associated concerns with a preference for the If header approach
* don't add normative text
* look forward to a better solution in the future

Julian to do some testing as he is able, and Lisa to propose text on the list to
be hammered out...

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.