Subject: BugZilla mail flood

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:31:28 +0100

Hi,

I apologize for the mail flood. What I did was:

- checked all bugs raised by me and updated them (moving them to -08 
where required)

- reopened bugs that I think should not have been closed

- marked some of the bugs as duplicates of others

- added a remark about what I think the last WG consensus was for some 
of the issues, or pointed to changes in bis that may affect the status 
of the bug

What I have *not* done yet is to review draft -08 for other potential 
problems, not directly connected to issues in the tracker. I'll try to 
get that done tomorrow.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:32:16 -0800

Thanks for doing this, Julian.

It would be somewhat less of a mail flood if we didn't change the 
"version" value of each bug when there's a new draft out.   We can 
consider that the version that the bug was found in, and the bug is not 
fixed until it's fixed-- thus an issue found in version 07 might be 
fixed in draft 09 and we still don't have to change the field.

Lisa

---

From: Elias Sinderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:00:22 -0800

> Thanks for doing this, Julian.

Indeed, thank you.

> consider that the version that the bug was found in [...]

+1, I'd like to follow this suggestion.

FYI, I've started to go through the most recent draft to verify that 
'concensus text' is there...

Cheers,
Elias