Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-webdav-mount-03.txt]

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:40:55 +0100

Hi.

This is an update to draft-reschke-webdav-mount-02, based on early 
feedback from the RFC Editor's review. Changes are only editorial 
(nothing normative changed), with the biggest change being made to the 
mount example 
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-mount-03.html#rfc.section.4>).

Best regards, Julian

-------- Original Message --------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Mounting WebDAV (Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning) servers
	Author(s)	: J. Reschke
	Filename	: draft-reschke-webdav-mount-03.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-11-30
	
In current Web browsers, there is no uniform way to specify that a
    user clicking on a link will be presented with an editable view of a
    WebDAV server.  For example, it is frequently desirable to be able to
    click on a link, and have this link open a window that can handle
    drag and drop interaction with the resources of a WebDAV server.

    This document specifies a mechanism and a document format that
    enables Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) servers to
    send "mounting" information to a WebDAV client.  The mechanism is
    designed to work on any platform and with any combination of browser
    and WebDAV client, relying solely on the well-understood dispatch of
    documents through their MIME type.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-mount-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-reschke-webdav-mount-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-mount-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce