Subject: [Bug 24] lost-update vs collections

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 02:01:19 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |
            Version|-07                         |-08

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-11-19 02:01 -------
Draft 08 URL:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-08.html#rfc.section.7.6.p.2>

Now says:

"When trying to lock a collection upon creation, clients may attempt to increase
the likelihood of this by pipelining the MKCOL and LOCK requests together (but
because this doesn't convert two separate operations into one atomic operation
there's no guarantee this will work)."

It's not clear to me what likelihood is going to be increased here :-)

How about:

"...the likelihood of race conditions by pipelining..."

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.