Subject: [Bug 10] Round-tripping namespace decls in properties

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:45:56 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-11-27 11:45 -------
Oh my, shouldn't have put XHTML markup inside CDATA :-). Example fixed:

4.4.1  Example - Property with mixed content

   Consider a dead property such as:

       <x:author xmlns:x='http://example.com/ns'>
         <x:name>Jane Doe</x:name>
         <!-- Jane's contact info -->
         <x:uri type='email' added='2005-11-26'
         >mailto:[email-masked]</x:uri>
         <x:uri type='web' added='2005-11-27'
         >http://www.example.com</x:uri>
         <x:notes xmlns:h='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'>
           Jane has working way <h:em>too</h:em> long on the
           long-awaited revision of <![CDATA[<RFC2518>]]>.
         </x:notes>
       </x:author>

   (where an xml:lang attribute with value 'en' appeared on a parent
   element when setting the property)

   When retrieving the property, a server may return:

       <author xmlns="http://example.com/ns"
                  xmlns:x="http://example.com/ns"
                  xml:lang="en">
         <x:name>Jane Doe</x:name>
         <x:uri added="2005-11-26" type="email"
         >mailto:[email-masked]</x:uri>
         <x:uri added="2005-11-27" type="web"
         >http://www.example.com</x:uri>
         <x:notes xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
           Jane has working way <h:em>too</h:em> long on the
           long-awaited revision of &lt;RFC2518&gt;.
         </x:notes>
       </author>

   Note:

   o  The [prefix] for the property name itself was not preserved, being
      non-significant,

   o  attribute values have been rewritten with double quotes instead of
      single quotes (quoting style is not significant), and that
      attribute order has not been preserved,

   o  the xml:lang attribute has been returned on the property name
      element itself (it was in scope when the property was set, but the
      exact position in the response is not considered significant as
      long as it is in scope),

   o  the [prefix] has been preserved on the child element "notes",

   o  whitespace between tags has been preserved everywhere (but the
      fact that CDATA escaping was used is irrelevant), and

   o  the comment item was stripped (as would have been a processing
      instruction item).

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.