Subject: [Bug 93] Write Locks and Collections vs MOVE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:28:42 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=93

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked]    [email-masked]

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-11-30 11:28 -------
We agreed that the BIND model, where the resource that a collection's member URL
points to is part of the collection's state, is a reasonable model from which to
derive this list.  That implies that even when MOVE/COPY overwrites a
pre-existing member, the lock token of the locked parent collection is still
required.

This has the side benefits of:
 - consistent with existing implementations (greenbytes) which do require lock
in these two cases
 - simpler handling where server always requires the lock token if the
destination parent is locked 

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.