Subject: [Bug 9] XML namespace discussion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:20:04 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=9

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Version|-07                         |-08

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-11-19 01:20 -------
Draft 08 URL:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-08.html#rfc.section.4.3.p.4>

Next text:

--
Note that "DAV:" uses a scheme name defined solely for the purpose of creating
this namespace. Defining new schemes for namespaces is discouraged. "DAV:" was
defined before standard best practices emerged, and this namespace is still used
only because of significant existing deployments.
--

That's fine, although I think terminology can be used more precisely, such as:

--
Note that "DAV:" uses an URI scheme defined solely for the purpose of creating
this XML namespace. Defining new URI schemes for namespaces is discouraged.
"DAV:" was defined before standard best practices emerged, and this XML
namespace is still used only because of significant existing deployments.
--

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.