Subject: [Bug 188] New: PROPFIND include-dead-props

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 13:04:39 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=188

           Summary: PROPFIND include-dead-props
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -08
          Platform: Other
               URL: http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-
                    rfc2518bis-08.html#rfc.section.8.2.4
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 08.  HTTP Methods for Distributed Authoring
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-08.html#rfc.section.8.2.4>

We talked about this during the interim meeting in January 2003, discussing the
proposal in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-allprop-include-06.html>.

Back then, we reached consensus, but recent tests show that what we agreed upon
back then doesn't have all the semantics needed. What we initially proposed was
to extend PROPFIND/allprop by specifiying additional live properties.

What we ended with was an extension to PROPFIND/prop, including dead properties.

The difference here is that with the originally proposed extension, the client
can tell whether the server evaluated the extension, while with the definition
in RCF2518bis, it can't (it has no way knowing whether the server just ignored
the extension, or happens to have no dead properties).

We therefore would like the spec to add an extension based on what we proposed
in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-allprop-include-06.html>,
that is extending DAV:allprop with an "include" element.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.