Subject: [Bug 12] Destination header "consistent"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:10:27 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-11-02 10:10 -------
We also need to come up with language forbidding dot "." or dot-dot ".." within the relative URI.

Perhaps,

"Servers MUST NOT return "." or ".." within an absolute or relative URI returned within a Multistatus 
response."

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:42:05 +0100

Hi,

trying to summarize what we discussed in last week's call:

- discussion about relation with "Location" header needs to go (revert 
back to what RFC2518 said)

- we want to restrict what type of hrefs can occur in PROPFIND 
responses, relying on grammar definitions in RFC3986

- clients can expect that servers return URIs ("URI" as per 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.html#rfc.section.3>) or 
relative references consisting of just a path starting with a "/" 
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.html#rfc.section.3.3>).

- segments of "." or ".." are forbidden

- me to make proposal for actual spec language (will need to check what 
part applies to PROPFIND and what part applies to the multistatus 
response format).

Best regards, Julian