Subject: [Bug 171] If header grammar

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:45:18 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=171

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |ASSIGNED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-11-30 12:45 -------
Additional testing has shown that breaking long header lines into multiple lines
does not correctly address the issue -- existing servers limit the length of all
headers combined (perhaps as protection against DOS attacks), although this is
configurable in both Apache and IIS.

New grammer merely clarifies the grammer of 2518, without reflecting change in
the associated prose (section 9.5). Need to find out if the fix stated in the
prose is really a fix (for the issue outlined by Joel Soderberg), in which case
we need to modify the production grammer, or if the change to the prose should
be backed out.

Consensus reached in 11/30 telecon to:
* remove the newly introduced text
* leave the current expression of the BNF (which will be consistent after the
above change)

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.