Subject: [Bug 177] "PROPFIND status codes" section

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 02:36:08 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=177

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |
            Version|-08                         |-09

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-31 02:36 -------
As far as I can tell, this would only address some of the concerns raised with
this issue. I may be wrong, but it's hard to tell without seeing the complete
new text for that subsection.

Specifically note that 12.4
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-09.html#rfc.section.12.4>)
is misleading in saying:

"Section 8.3.1, Section 8.2.2, Section 8.7.1, Section 8.9.3 and Section 8.10.2
define various status codes used in Multi-Status responses. This specification
does not define the meaning of other status codes that could appear in these
responses."

That makes it sound as if it's necessary for this spec to define the meanings.
It's not. In general, the meaning of any status code inside a multistatus body
is defined by the spec that defines that status. Minimally, the paragraph should
be altered to something like...

"Section 8.3.1, Section 8.2.2, Section 8.7.1, Section 8.9.3 and Section 8.10.2
explain the use of various status codes used in Multi-Status responses."

...optimally, it would get removed.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.