Subject: [Bug 164] HOW_DOES_WEBDAV_SUPPORT_VARIANTS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 22:30:08 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=164

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |WONTFIX

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-09 22:30 -------
Addressing how to author variants within WebDAV is a large issue. It was
discussed during one of the DeltaV design team meetings, as well as during some
WebDAV design team meetings.

It would require substantial additional text, thought, and discussion to address
this issue well. There is no consensus on performing this work at this time.

Additionally, I'll note that use of variants within HTTP is not widespread, and
hence authoring support has not been a widely requested feature by users.

I'm marking this as closed (WONTFIX). Anyone who feels strongly about this can
reopen the issue. However, they should bring this up with the WG Chair (Cullen),
since it would likely need a new WG activity to substantively address this issue.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.