Subject: [Bug 184] Section 19.8 added with no open issue nor WG consensus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:59:57 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=184

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |INVALID

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-30 10:59 -------
This bug is a process objection, not a spec issue. If there's a problem with the
text or a proposal that it be removed, please change the bug summary/description
or enter a new bug and describe what the problem with the text is.

For the record, the section added is "Hosting malicious scripts executed on
client machines".  This is a security consideration that has actually come up in
the field, as reported to me by Barry Lind of Xythos a few months ago.  Some
schools deploying WebDAV servers have also deployed filters or disallowed
certain content types as they've figured out this security risk on their own.  I
can ask that Barry send his mail to the list but I think it's pretty obvious
from the text in recent drafts what Barry's proposal was.  

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.