Subject: [Bug 95] possible LOCK response codes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:57:46 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=95

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked][email-masked]
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |NEW

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-10 09:57 -------
The current spec says:

"If the lock cannot be granted to all resources, the server MUST return a
Multi-Status response with a 'response' element for at least one resource which
prevented the lock from being granted, along with a suitable status code for
that failure (e.g. 403 (Forbidden) or 423 (Locked)). Additionally, if the
resource causing the failure was not the resource requested, then the server
MUST include a 'response' element for the Request-URI as well, with a 'status'
element containing 424 Failed Dependency."

That seems to clarify the issue, although I don't see any reason to make
returning the 424 a MUST level requirement, as this is basically completely
useless information.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.