Subject: [Bug 58] MOVE status 403 description

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:16:52 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=58

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-09 16:16 -------
The specification text now reads that "Among many possible reasons for
forbidding a MOVE operation, this status code is recommended for use when the
source and destination resources are the same."

This only addresses the specific concern with MOVE.

In an ideal world where the WG wasn't being threatened with imminent closure, it
would be best to define precondition and postcondition codes for all possible
error conditions possible. Jim and Lisa believe the consensus from a recent
teleconference was *not* to do this in bis, at this time.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.