Subject: Implementations of draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:51:31 +0100

Hi.

I noticed that the IESG now has the redirect ref spec 
(<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=4558&rfc_flag=0>) 
on its agenda and was wondering about existing implementations.

Here's a summary of implementations I'm aware of:

1) Servers

The WebDAV server in SAP Netweaver's Knowledge Management implements 
draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-12, and is expected to be 
upgraded soon to -13.

2) Clients

2a) The SAP Netweaver KM's remote WebDAV connector implements 
raft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-12 (see above)

2b) The SAP Portal Drive Windows client supports discovery and display 
of redirects (they get mapped to Windows .LNK or .URL files), but does 
not support authoring redirects. Note that this client is an OEM version 
of a generic WebDAV client for Windows, so support for redirects 
potentially will be available in that version as well once other servers 
start implementing the protocol.

Best regards, Julian