Subject: [Bug 186] opaquelocktoken appendix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:18:36 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=186

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|REOPENED                    |ASSIGNED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-09 17:18 -------
  The 'opaquelocktoken' URI scheme was defined in RFC2518 (and registered
    by IANA) in order
    to create syntactically correct and easy-to-generate URIs out of UUIDs,
    intended to be used as lock tokens and to be unique across all 
   resources for all time.
    
   An opaquelocktoken URI is constructed by concatenating the 'opaquelocktoken' 
   scheme with a UUID, along with an optional extension.  
   Servers can create new UUIDs for each new lock token.  If a server wishes to 
   reuse UUIDs the server MUST add an extension and
     the algorithm generating the extension MUST guarantee that the same 
     extension will never be used twice with the associated UUID. 

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.