Subject: [Bug 144] IF_HEADER_CHECKS_AFTER_OTHER_CHECKS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:53:05 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=144

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked]    [email-masked]

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-14 10:53 -------
Discussed during 12/14/05 teleconference.

Agreement on the call:

* Should add a statement that authentication and authorization MUST be performed
prior to evaluating If header. Evaluating the If header first might allow a
client to discover information about the resource that he wouldn't ordinarily be
able to find out without privileges. For example, a client could discover
whether a resource exists, or has changed. Text to be added to the If header
section.

* There didn't seem to be a compelling reason to have If evaluated before/after
If-Match, and hence no text needs to be added here.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.