Subject: [Bug 205] New: new MUST level requirement for LOCK on unmapped URLs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:27:12 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=205

           Summary: new MUST level requirement for LOCK on unmapped URLs
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -08
          Platform: Other
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 07.  Write Lock
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

The pre-draft of -09 states in section 7.6:

   A successful lock request to an unmapped URL MUST result in the
   creation of an locked resource with empty content.  Subsequently, a
   successful PUT request (with the correct lock token) provides the
   content for the resource, and the server MUST also use the content-
   type and content-language information from this request.

This is a new MUST-level requirement that as far as I understand hasn't been
discussed anywhere before, and which contradicts an upcoming TAG finding
(<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect>) - that is, we can't *require*
the server to use the submitted meta data.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.