Subject: [Bug 48] XML extensibility description

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:20:16 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=48

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-12 12:20 -------
I generally like all of the proposed changes, except for:

Section 14., para. 78:
OLD:

    Description:  MUST be defined on all DAV compliant resources.  The
       default value is empty.
 
    Extensibility:  MAY be extended with any child elements or attributes
       which SHOULD be ignored if not recognized.  If the element
       contains the 'collection' child element plus additional
       unrecognized elements/attributes, it should generally be treated
       as a collection.  If the element contains no recognized child
       elements it should be treated as a non-collection WebDAV-compliant
       resource.

NEW:

    Description:  MUST be defined on all DAV compliant resources.  Each
       child element identifies a specific type the resource belongs to,
       such as DAV:collection, which is the only resource type defined by
       this specification (see Section 13.3).  The default value is
       empty.

(note here Description was enhanced because it needed some of the info from the
Extensibility section)       

In particular, I think the previous extensibility section had a good and useful statement about treating 
collection-like resources as collections. This needs to be kept. I'm OK with deleting the first sentence of 
the extensibility section, though I'd prefer it to remain.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.