Subject: [Bug 32] DAV:displayname handling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:17:59 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=32

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-09 15:17 -------
All discussion of remote COPY/MOVE have been removed from the specification.

Since this report was entered, the specification text has changed.

There is now a heading for each property defining whether it is protected.

The protected status of this property is now "SHOULD NOT be protected."

Two thoughts here. One is to describe the current state of the world (mixed --
some servers allow writing to displayname, some servers do not), inwhich case
this is "Possibly" protected. The other thought is to move implementations in
the direction of the originally desired semantics, which is that clients can
reliably write the value of this property. The current text is of this camp,
moving servers towards allowing this property to be written.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.