Subject: [Bug 120] DEEP_LOCK_ERROR_STATUS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:47:03 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=120

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.

---

From: "DigitallySmooth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:36:15 -0800

how do I get off this list please?

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:25:44 -0800

I'd like some feedback on if people are OK with the bugzilla stuff being
mailed to the list? Is it good? should we stop it and discuss on list then
post resolution into bugzilla?

---

From: Jim Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:05:50 -0800

I mark is as read, but don't bother to read it. Too much noise to  
signal.

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:36:57 -0800

Yes - I've received two private requests so far saying people would rather
not see it. 

Does anyone have ideas on how we could cut down the volume? We do need to
keep using bugzilla as the tool to resolve bis. I'm not willing to consider
changing that right now but if folks have ideas on how to improve the SNR of
this list, that would be good.

Cullen

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 04:02:53 +0100

> this list, that would be good.

Agreed.

I think the right approach would be not to discuss in BugZilla, but to 
only use it for the actual resolution process.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Elias Sinderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:27:16 -0800

Cullen Jennings wrote:

>mailed to the list?
It depends on how closely someone is following a given issue, but much 
of the email is noise.

>Is it good?
IMO, only the comments are really useful -- state change messages are 
only useful for those most directly concerned with an issue.

>should we stop it and discuss on list then post resolution into bugzilla?
>  
>
I think this would generally be a good path to follow. I'd be perfectly 
happy with links to discussion threads in the list archive being posted 
as the resolution.

Unless anyone feels strongly otherwise, we can start removing the 
mailing list as a contact for bugs as we update them during tomorrows' 
telecon.

Cheers,
Elias

---

From: Stefan Eissing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:32:16 +0100

It is good to see new/resolved issues notifications on the mailliing  
list. But the huge amount seems to be state changes which I personally  
am not concerned about. So nowadays, I just delete bugzilla mails  
without looking at them.

+1 for avoiding notification on trivial changes.

//Stefan

Am 14.12.2005 um 00:25 schrieb Cullen Jennings:

>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>>> -----
>> --
>>>              Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
>>>          Resolution|                            |FIXED
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:34:40 -0800

> mailing list as a contact for bugs as we update them during tomorrows'

Let's try that (unless we hear some objections) and if it does not work, we
can just go back to what we are doing now and I will beg people to just be
patent with us for another month or so till we are finished.