Subject: [Bug 157] REMOVE_ETAG_SUPPORT_FOR_IF_HEADER

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:31:40 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=157

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |WONTFIX

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-14 11:31 -------
Discussed during 12/14/2005 teleconference:

Use case for this:

Client updating a resource that they locked, knowing that the lock may have gone
away, but also possessing the Etag for the resource. In this case, the If header
can represent the condition of: make the change if the Etag is still there OR
the lock token is present. Using the If-Match header would have AND semantics,
not OR semantics.

Closing the issue, WONTFIX.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.