Subject: [Bug 204] DAV:creationdate vs client sychronization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:35:48 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=204

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2005-12-09 16:35 -------
One possible scenario for performing synchronization would be for a client to
perform a search looking for all resources with more recent creationdate times
than the last time the client had performed the search. This would allow the
client to discover all new resources since the last synch time. They would, of
course, have to perform a separate request looking for those resources that they
already knew about that had changed since the last synch. This has the benefit
of allowing lazy update of already known resources, since a local list of known
resources could be kept up to date, while the actual contents of known resources
would only be updated as needed.

So, the previous scenario shows that there is a non-braindead synch scenario
that might consider using creationdate as part of its synch strategy. As a
result, adding some text into the specification noting that this is a bad idea
seems useful.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.