Subject: [Bug 85] clarification of live property behaviour vs namespace ops needed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:33:35 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=85

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-22 14:33 -------
Actually, looking up the specific RFC2616 text, I find that we've accidentally
weakened its requirements:

13.3.4
...
      - If an entity tag has been provided by the origin server, MUST
        use that entity tag in any cache-conditional request (using If-
        Match or If-None-Match).

Thus, I propose that we simply note this requirement along with the disclaimer
text on how unreliable DAV:getlastmodified is for synching and cache validation.
 Not sure where the best place is but I've put it in the getlastmodified
COPY/MOVE behavior section as a proposal.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.