Subject: [Bug 146] PROP_ROUNDTRIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:11:59 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=146

Bug 146 depends on bug 10, which changed state.

Bug 10 Summary: Round-tripping various information in properties
http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10

           What    |Old Value                   |New Value
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.

ients MUST NOT rely on them being preserved.  The above
    rules would also apply by default to live properties, unless defined
    otherwise.

(I think we need to be careful not to confuse normative text with backwards
compatibilty notes -- servers that implement this spec SHOULD preserve prefixes;
following this with a statement that servers don't weakens the requirement and
furthermore is incorrect; as far as I can tell, there's no a single server out
there yet which claims to implement RFC2518bis).

Finally, in...

Section 4., para. 43:
OLD:

      <D:prop xml:lang="en">
        <x:author xmlns:x='http://example.com/ns'>
          <x:name>Jane Doe</x:name>
          <!-- Jane's contact info -->
          <x:uri type='email'
                 added='2005-11-26'>mailto:[email-masked]</x:uri>
          <x:uri type='web'
                 added='2005-11-27'>http://www.example.com</x:uri>
          <x:notes xmlns:h='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'>
            Jane has been working way <h:em>too</h:em> long on the
            long-awaited revision of <![CDATA[<RFC2518>]]>.
          </x:notes>
        </x:author>
      </D:prop>

NEW:

        <D:prop xml:lang='en' xmlns:D='DAV:'>
          <x:author xmlns:x='http://example.com/ns'>
            <x:name>Jane Doe</x:name>
            <!-- Jane's contact info -->
            <x:uri type='email'
                   added='2005-11-26'>mailto:[email-masked]</x:uri>
            <x:uri type='web'
                   added='2005-11-27'>http://www.example.com</x:uri>
            <x:notes xmlns:h='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'>
              Jane has been working way <h:em>too</h:em> long on the
              long-awaited revision of <![CDATA[<RFC2518>]]>.
            </x:notes>
          </x:author>
        </D:prop>

Section 4., para. 45:
OLD:

      <D:prop><author xmlns:x='http://example.com/ns' xml:lang="en"
              xmlns='http://example.com/ns'
              xmlns:h='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'>
          <x:name>Jane Doe</x:name>
          <x:uri   added="2005-11-26" type="email"
            >mailto:[email-masked]</x:uri>
          <x:uri   added="2005-11-27" type="web"
            >http://www.example.com</x:uri>
          <x:notes>
            Jane has been working way <h:em>too</h:em> long on the
            long-awaited revision of &lt;RFC2518&gt;.
          </x:notes>
        </author>
      </D:prop>
    Note in this example:

NEW:

        <D:prop xmlns:D='DAV:'>
          <author xmlns="http://example.com/ns"
                     xmlns:x="http://example.com/ns"
                     xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
                     xml:lang="en">
            <x:name>Jane Doe</x:name>
            <x:uri added="2005-11-26" type="email"
            >mailto:[email-masked]</x:uri>
            <x:uri added="2005-11-27" type="web"
            >http://www.example.com</x:uri>
            <x:notes>
              Jane has been working way <h:em>too</h:em> long on the
              long-awaited revision of &lt;RFC2518&gt;.
            </x:notes>
          </author>
        </D:prop>
    Note in this example:

...we still have non-wellformed XML (again the recommendation to run examples
through an XML parser if they aren't used as proposed and checked).

The remainder is punctuation (I wouldn't report if I wouldn't think that adding
it enhances readability).

Section 4., para. 22:
OLD:

       [namespace name]

NEW:

       [namespace name],

Section 4., para. 23:
OLD:

       [local name]

NEW:

       [local name],

Section 4., para. 24:
OLD:

       [attributes] named "xml:lang" or any such attribute in scope

NEW:

       [attributes] named "xml:lang" or any such attribute in scope,

Section 4., para. 25:
OLD:

       [children] of type element or character

NEW:

       [children] of type element or character.

Section 4., para. 27:
OLD:

       [namespace name]

NEW:

       [namespace name],

Section 4., para. 28:
OLD:

       [local name]

NEW:

       [local name],

Section 4., para. 29:
OLD:

       [attributes]

NEW:

       [attributes],

Section 4., para. 30:
OLD:

       [children] of type element or character

NEW:

       [children] of type element or character.

Section 4., para. 32:
OLD:

       [namespace name]

NEW:

       [namespace name],

Section 4., para. 33:
OLD:

       [local name]

NEW:

       [local name],

Section 4., para. 34:
OLD:

       [normalized value]

NEW:

       [normalized value].

Section 4., para. 36:
OLD:

       [character code]

NEW:

       [character code].

Section 4., para. 38:
OLD:

       [prefix]

NEW:

       [prefix].

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.