Subject: [Bug 161] EVALUATE_ALL_OF_IF_HEADER

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:14:45 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=161

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked][email-masked]
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |NEW
            Version|-10                         |-11

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-24 12:14 -------
OK, after more reading and testing I have to take back my previous comment.

It seems to me history went like this:

Jason: "it's problematic to leave it to the servers which tagged-list
productions it looks at".

WG: "indeed".

However :-), the specs (both RFC2518 and RFC251bis-11) make it clear that
there's a logical "OR" between multiple lists:

"If one of the described state lists matches the state of the resource then the
request may succeed."

So it seems to me that the server indeed is free to pass the request, as long it
finds a single list production that evaluates to true. This also mean, that once
it found one evaluating to true, it really doesn't need to check the others.

So as far as I can tell, there's really nothing we can change here (except for
language), unless we really want to change the "OR" to an "AND".

Feedback appreciated.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.