Subject: [Bug 224] add example for URI escaping in DAV:href

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:35:55 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=224

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
OtherBugsDependingO|                            |46
              nThis|                            |
         [email-masked]    [email-masked]

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-22 08:35 -------
See proposed change below (and
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz224>):

Section 12., para. 9:
OLD:

    If a server allows resource names to include characters that aren't
    legal in HTTP URL paths, these characters must be percent-encoded on
    the wire (see [RFC3986], section 2.1).  For example, it is illegal to
    use a space character or double-quote in a URI.  URIs appearing in
    PROPFIND or PROPPATCH XML bodies (or other XML marshalling defined in
    this specification) are still subject to all URI rules, including
    forbidden characters.

NEW:

 12.2.1  Example for correct URL handling
 
    Consider the collection http://example.com/sample/ with the internal
    member URL http://example.com/sample/a%20test and the PROPFIND
    request below:
 
    >>Request:
 
      PROPFIND /sample/ HTTP/1.1
      Host: example.com
      Depth: 1
 
    In this case, the server should return 'href' elements containing
    either
 
    o  'http://example.com/sample/' and
       'http://example.com/sample/a%20test', or
 
    o  '/example.com/sample/' and '/example.com/sample/a%20test'.
 
    Note that even though the server may be storing the member resource
    internally as 'a test', it must be percent-encoded when used inside a
    URI reference (see [RFC3986], Section 2.1).  Also note that a legal
    URI may still contain characters that need to be escaped within XML
    character data, such as the ampersand character.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.