Subject: [Bug 188] PROPFIND include-dead-props

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:34:12 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=188

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-17 10:34 -------
Thanks for the changes. I think there's one single missing piece. The paragraph...:

    Note that 'allprop' does not return values for all live properties.
    WebDAV servers increasingly have expensively-calculated or lengthy
    properties (see [RFC3253] and [RFC3744]) and do not return all
    properties already.  Instead, WebDAV clients can use propname
    requests to discover what live properties exist, and request named
    properties when retrieving values.  A WebDAV server MAY omit certain
    live properties from other specifications when responding to an
    'allprop' request from an older client, and MAY return only custom
    (dead) properties and those defined in this specification.

doesn't seem to be needed anymore, because the compatibility considerations
really belong into the Changes section (where the change is already noted).
Also, the new semantic is already defined a few paragraphs above:

   o  Request property values for those properties defined in this
      specification plus dead properties, by using the 'allprop' element
      (the 'include' element can be used with 'allprop' to instruct the
      server to also include additional live properties that may not
      have been returned otherwise),

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.