Subject: change notifications

From: Stefan Eissing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:32:52 +0100

Dear WebDAV WG,

for me, and other readers expressed the same, the signal to noise ratio 
on this mailing list is way too high. While the change notifications 
probably provide most valuable information to some people, they are 
junk mail to me.

Instead of requiring to add mail filtering rules by everyone who 
follows this list, I propose to open a new mailling list just for the 
bug change notifications. Interested people may subscribe to that while 
we other mere mortals have a chance to follow the discussions 
themselves more easily. That mailing list can be archived as well 
should documentation of these notifications be desired.

Best Regards,

Stefan

---

From: Jim Luther <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:07:19 -0800

+1

On Jan 31, 2006, at 12:32 AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:

>
> Dear WebDAV WG,
>
> for me, and other readers expressed the same, the signal to noise  
> ratio on this mailing list is way too high. While the change  
> notifications probably provide most valuable information to some  
> people, they are junk mail to me.
>
> follows this list, I propose to open a new mailling list just for  
> the bug change notifications. Interested people may subscribe to  
> that while we other mere mortals have a chance to follow the  
> discussions themselves more easily. That mailing list can be  
> archived as well should documentation of these notifications be  
> desired.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Stefan
>
>