Subject: [Bug 44] OPTIONS *

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:01:55 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=44

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked]             [email-masked]
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |NEW

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-13 10:01 -------
Summary from the 13 Jan telecon:

Some servers do this now, while others do not, despite 2518 being silent on the
issue.
Some servlet architectures prevent this from being implemented, thus it is
unlikely that it will ever be /completely/ implemented across all servers.
The issue of service discovery (i.e. at what part of the server namespace is DAV
supported) is orthogonal to whether the server supports DAV in general, although
brings us closer to solving the issue of service discovery for, e.g., caldav.
OPTIONS * will minimally allow one to discover whether intermediary proxies /
gateways support WebDAV, although it is unclear what benefit this will provide
to clients.
Further, the WG is generally unaware of clients which require OPTIONS *.

Lisa volunteered to suggest some non-normative text describing the existing
state of the world as a note to client im plementers.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.