Subject: [Bug 226] if matching and non-existant resources

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:34:39 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=226

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-30 07:34 -------

> Given an unmapped URL "/x", will the condition in
>   If: </x> (Not <DAV:foobar>)
> evaluate to true or false?

Since "If: </x> <DAV:foobar>" would evaluate to "false", unless we adjust the 
definition of NOT, this has to evaluate to "true".

> To complicate things, what's the situation for a URL that is mapped, but for
> which the authenticated principal lacks access rights?

As above, it would just be the opposite of what "If: </x> <DAV:foobar>" would 
evaluate to.  But there remains the question of what "If: </x> <DAV:foobar>" 
would evaluate to.  The guiding priciple here is probably avoiding exposing 
information to unauthorized users.  So an inability to see the object should 
probably be treated the same as the object not existing, so NOT would 
return "true".

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.