Subject: [Bug 188] PROPFIND include-dead-props

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 02:40:30 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=188

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |
            Version|-10                         |-11

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-28 02:40 -------
The sentence we're discussing now says:

"A WebDAV server MAY omit certain live properties from other specifications when
responding to an 'allprop' request, and MAY return only custom (dead) properties
and those defined in this specification."

First of all, this is sort-of incorrect because the "other" specifications are
very clear about their PROPFIND semantics. Also, we already say earlier:

"Request property values for those properties defined in this specification plus
dead properties, by using the 'allprop' element..."

So it's already defined in the definition for "allprop", and the aforementioned
sentence is just repeating what was said before.

That being said, should the spec define a default behaviour for "allprop" for
live properties defined in other specs? All specs that I'm aware of define it
themselves, but having a default (not to include those) may make future specs
simpler.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.