Subject: [Bug 147] CLARIFY_UNTAGGED_IF_HEADER_APPLICATION

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:06:09 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=147

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked][email-masked]

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-13 08:06 -------
New proposed change based on telecon on 2006-01-11: revert the definition, that
is make it the default not to apply the request headers to the resources in
scope. See also
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz147>.

Section 9., para. 17
OLD:

    Any headers on a method that has a defined interaction with the Depth
    header MUST be applied to all resources in the scope of the method
    except where alternative behavior is explicitly defined.  For
    example, an If-Match header will have its value applied against every
    resource in the method's scope and will cause the method to fail if
    the header fails to match.

NEW:

    Headers on a method that has a defined interaction with the Depth
    header MUST be applied only to the resource identified by the
    Request-URI except where alternative behavior is explicitly defined.

Appendix E., para. 12:
OLD:

    Support for UTF-16 now required (ref (Section 18)).

NEW:

    In Depth: Infinity operations, request headers only apply to the
    Request-URI (unless explicily specified otherwise; (see Section 9.2).
 
    Support for UTF-16 now required (ref (Section 18)).

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.