Subject: [Bug 158] SHOULD_WE_SUPPORT_IRIS_AND_CHARMOD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:39:55 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=158

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked]    [email-masked]

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-11 10:39 -------
Ack, sorry, the above should read:
Note that issue /151/ has been marked as a duplicate of issue 142.
...

It seems that the main problem here is that clients cannot find out which
encoding a server has used (UTF-8 vs ISOxxxx) for a URL that is mapped to an
underlying filesystem.

The most promising approach, of simply mandating UTF-8, does not completely
resolve the issue (cf. IIS approach and that of the Apple WebDAV client).

Consensus among participants of the 11/1 telecon that this issue should not be
addressed in 2518bis, and recommend resolving this issue as WONTFIX.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.