Subject: [Bug 221] condition code for write access to protected properties

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 02:41:47 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=221

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
OtherBugsDependingO|                            |181
              nThis|                            |
         [email-masked]    [email-masked]

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-22 02:41 -------
Proposed change below and in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz221>:

Section 15., para. 35:
OLD:

    Name: writable-property
 
    Use with: 403 Forbidden
 
    Purpose: (precondition) -- The client attempted to set a read-only
       property in a PROPPATCH (such as DAV:getetag).

    <!ELEMENT writable-property EMPTY >

NEW:

 15.x  DAV:cannot-modify-protected-property (precondition)

    An attempt to modify a property that is defined by this document, as
    being protected for that kind of resource, MUST fail (see [RFC3253],
    Section 3.12).

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.