Subject: [Bug 213] Spec inconsistent on PROPFIND/Depth:infinity

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 00:07:45 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=213

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-31 00:07 -------
Well, there are still issues. Again, please review
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz213>
and/or the proposed changes below:

  Couldn't find wdiff. Falling back to builtin diff colouring...

Section 9.1., para. 2:
OLD:

    A client may submit a Depth header with a value of "0", "1", or
    "infinity" with a PROPFIND on a collection resource.  Servers MUST
    support "0" and "1" depth requests on WebDAV-compliant resources and
    SHOULD support "infinity" requests.  In practice, support for depth
    infinity requests MAY be disabled, due to the performance and
    security concerns associated with this behavior.  By default, the
    PROPFIND method without a Depth header MUST act as if a "Depth:
    infinity" header was included.

NEW:

    A client may submit a Depth header with a value of "0", "1", or
    "infinity".  Servers MUST support "0" and "1" depth requests and
    SHOULD support "infinity" requests on WebDAV-compliant resources.  In
    practice, support for depth infinity requests MAY be disabled, due to
    the performance and security concerns associated with this behavior.
    By default, the PROPFIND method without a Depth header MUST act as if
    a "Depth: infinity" header was included.

(there isn't anything special about collection resources here. It is legal to
use PROPFIND Depth: infinity on non-collections as well)

Section 9.1.1., para. 2:
OLD:

    403 Forbidden - A server MAY reject PROPFIND requests on collections
    with depth header of "Infinity", in which case it SHOULD use this
    error with the precondition code 'propfind-finite-depth' inside the
    error body.

NEW:

    403 Forbidden - A server MAY reject PROPFIND requests with depth
    header of "Infinity", in which case it SHOULD use this error with the
    precondition code 'propfind-finite-depth' inside the error body.

(same here)

Appendix E., para. 8:
OLD:

    Requirements for URL construction in Multi-Status responses,
    Destination and If headers: more consistent and mostly tighter
    requirements.

NEW:

    Servers may be configured not to support Depth: infinity on PROPFIND
    anymore.
 
    Requirements for URL construction in Multi-Status responses,
    Destination and If headers: more consistent and mostly tighter
    requirements.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.