Subject: [Bug 46] URLs in Multistatus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 02:07:44 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=46

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-28 02:07 -------
I'm not sure why this paragraph was moved into Section 8, and rewritten to
indicate it applies to things other than hrefs in multistatus. It doesn't.
Please move it back into the section about Multi-Status.

Also, the normative statement about URL escaping is incorrect; this directly
follows from URI syntax, thus all that is needed is a non-normative reminder.

Changes (also in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz046>):

Section 8.2., para. 1:
OLD:

    URLs appear in many places in requests and responses: the Destination
    header, the If header, and 'href' elements in XML marshalling.  In
    particular, servers need to be careful in handling URLs in responses,
    to ensure that clients have enough context to be able to interpret
    all the URLs.
 
    Generally, the sender has a choice between using a Relative Reference
    (see Section 4.2 of [RFC3986]), which is resolved against the
    RequestURI, or a full URI.  A sender SHOULD generally be consistent
    once it has chosen one of these approaches, but a server MUST ensure
    that every 'href' value within a Multi-Status response uses the same
    format.

NEW:

    The Multi-Status response format may contain 'href' elements
    (Section 14.7) in multiple places, namely as child element of
    'response' elements (Section 14.24).  When the contents of an 'href'
    element contains a Relative Reference ([RFC3986], Section 4.2), it is
    relative to the Request-URI of the HTTP request.

Section 8.2., para. 6:
OLD:

    Identifiers for collections appearing in the results SHOULD end in a
    '/' character.  Characters that aren't legal in HTTP URL paths MUST
    be percent-encoded (see section 2.1 of [RFC3986]) everywhere,
    including in XML marshalling defined in this specification.

NEW:

    Identifiers for collections appearing in the results SHOULD end in a
    '/' character.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.