Subject: [Bug 152] SHOULD_A_SERVER_DETERMINE_MIMETYPE_OF_CONTENT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:22:18 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=152

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-16 20:22 -------
I think these changes went a little far, and the security consideration I prefer
to call out explicitly in the security considerations section.
 - This issue doesn't require us to remove the requirement for creating an empty
locked resource that it "SHOULD default to having no content-type". 
Conservatively, I left that text in.
 - this issue also doesn't require us to remove the requirement for the client
to supply a content-type when doing a PUT to a locked empty resource, in fact
leaving this requirement in is important for ease-of-use, so that the resource
does have a chance of getting a helpful content-type at some point.
 - The paragraph suggestd for the section on PUT doesn't have the SHOULD
requirement we discussed so I changed the wording
 - this issue doesn't require us to change the SHOULD NOT for making
getcontentlength writable.  Again, important for ease-of-use if it's not
explicitly against server policy.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.