Subject: [Bug 219] New: mixed content in DAV:error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:45:03 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=219

           Summary: mixed content in DAV:error
           Product: WebDAV-RFC2518-bis
           Version: -10
          Platform: Other
        OS/Version: other
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P2
         Component: 13.  XML Element Definitions
        AssignedTo: [email-masked]
        ReportedBy: [email-masked]
         QAContact: [email-masked]

As of 2006-01-16, DAV:error seems to allow mixed content:

13.5  error XML Element

   Name:  error

   Purpose:  Error responses, particularly 403 Forbidden and 409
      Conflict, sometimes need more information to indicate what went
      wrong.  When an error response contains a body in WebDAV, the body
      is in XML with the root element 'error'.  The 'error' element
      SHOULD include an XML element with the code of a failed
      precondition or postcondition.

   Description:  Contains any XML element.  This element MAY contain
      standard and/or custom child elements, text or mixed content.
      Text or mixed content MAY NOT be suitable for display to users.
      Any element that is a child of the 'error' element is considered
      to be a precondition or postcondition code.  Unrecognized
      information items SHOULD be ignored if not recognized.

   <!ELEMENT error ANY >

I think that is incorrect.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.