Subject: [Bug 166] XML_GUIDELINES_CONFORMANCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:06:17 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=166

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked][email-masked]
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |NEW

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-07 12:06 -------
I re-read RFC3470, and I think with all the recent changes (see also bug 48),
the spec was already in good shape. As suggested by Jim, I added a statement
about processing instructions (see also
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz166>).
Re-assigning to Elias for furhter discussion.

Section 16., para. 6:
OLD:

    XML DTD fragments are included for all the XML elements defined in
    this specification.  However, correct XML will not be valid according
    to any DTD due to namespace usage and extension rules.  In
    particular:

NEW:

    Processing instructions in XML SHOULD be ignored by recipients.
    Thus, specifications extending WebDAV SHOULD NOT use processing
    instructions to define normative behavior.

    XML DTD fragments are included for all the XML elements defined in
    this specification.  However, correct XML will not be valid according
    to any DTD due to namespace usage and extension rules.  In
    particular:

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.