Subject: [Bug 80] Specify idempotence and safeness for all new methods

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 04:12:50 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=80

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-14 04:12 -------
Proposed changes in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz080>
and below:

Section 8., para. 30:
OLD:

    The results of this method SHOULD NOT be cached.

NEW:

    The results of this method SHOULD NOT be cached.  This method is both
    safe and idempotent (see Section 9.1 of [RFC2616]).

Section 8., para. 81:
OLD:

 8.3.1  Status Codes for use in 207 (Multi-Status)

NEW:

    This method is not safe, but idempotent (see Section 9.1 of
    [RFC2616]).  Responses to this method are not cacheable.
 
 8.3.1  Status Codes for use in 207 (Multi-Status)

Section 8., para. 101:
OLD:

 8.4.1  MKCOL Status Codes

NEW:

    Responses from a MKCOL request MUST NOT be cached.  This method is
    not safe, but idempotent (see Section 9.1 of [RFC2616]).
 
 8.4.1  MKCOL Status Codes

Section 8., para. 102:
OLD:

    Responses from a MKCOL request MUST NOT be cached as MKCOL has non-
    idempotent semantics.  In addition to the general status codes
    possible, the following status codes have specific applicability to
    MKCOL:

NEW:

    In addition to the general status codes possible, the following
    status codes have specific applicability to MKCOL:

Section 8., para. 151:
OLD:

 8.9.1  COPY for Non-collection Resources

NEW:

    This method is not safe, but idempotent (see Section 9.1 of
    [RFC2616]).  Responses to this method are not cacheable.
 
 8.9.1  COPY for Non-collection Resources

Section 8., para. 205:
OLD:

 8.10.1  MOVE for Properties

NEW:

    This method is not safe, but idempotent (see Section 9.1 of
    [RFC2616]).  Responses to this method are not cacheable.
 
 8.10.1  MOVE for Properties

Section 8., para. 305:
OLD:

 8.12.1  Status Codes

NEW:

    This method is not safe, but idempotent (see Section 9.1 of
    [RFC2616]).  Responses to this method are not cacheable.
 
 8.12.1  Status Codes

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.