Subject: [Bug 46] URLs in Multistatus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:48:22 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=46

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |
            Version|-10                         |-11

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-27 12:48 -------
1) The part of percent-escaping follows from basic URI syntax, so it's not a new
requirement. Just stating it (as proposed) in the example should be enough.

2) And yes, consistency should indeed be required. I know of clients that upon
PROPFIND Depth:1 look for the shortest <href> in the response to find the
<response> element for the Request-URI. Allowing mixing both syntaxes would
break them. In general: we can either make this easy for clients (this was my
understanding), or simple (spec-wise). In the latter case, we can drop most of
the requirements (such as on . and .. and references to be absolute paths), and
require clients to properly resolve the relative references according RFC3986.
But as far as I can tell, this is absolutely *not* what we agreed upon previously.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.