Subject: [Bug 10] Round-tripping various information in properties

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:49:22 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [email-masked]          [email-masked]

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-04 09:49 -------
Lisa to dispatch with editorial issues raised...
Re: preservation of comments, consensus is to replace the statement with
something to the effect of 'Clients should not rely on the preservation of
infoset elements not explicitly mentioned above.'
Re: dead vs. writeable live properties, the rules definitely apply to dead
properties and, further, to writeable live properties /unless explicitly defined
otherwise/. This has been carefuly worded to allow for future extensions which
make weaker guarantees than expressed in this section (e.g. restrictions on
datatype, or number of child elements).

Example should be changed to show prefix preservation, with accompanying note
that clients may have to cope with 2518-compliant servers that do not preserve
namespace prefixes.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.