Subject: [Bug 97] new error code descriptions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:09:14 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=97

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|WONTFIX                     |

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-01-17 11:09 -------
The suggested change is to remove that paragraph.

If it's left in, it still needs to be fixed, as already discussed. In particular:

"Any request can contain a conditional header defined in HTTP (If-Match,
If-Modified-Since, etc.) or the "If" or "Overwrite" conditional headers defined
in this specification."

Correct, but text duplication.

"If the request contains a conditional header, and if that condition fails to
hold, then this error code MUST be returned unless some other error is returned."

Incorrect. It really MUST be returned (if the header was evaluated). If you
think this is incorrect, please provide an example.

"On the other hand, if the client did not include a conditional header in the
request, then the server MUST NOT use this error."

Ah, here's an improvement after all. Thanks.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.