Subject: [Bug 227] Collection state definition in conflict between BIND and RFC2518bis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:50:18 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=227

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-02-15 10:50 -------
Extended discussion during the 15 Feb telecon reveales that this issue is
largely underspecified in the current draft and requires further review.

A salient point raised during the discussion was that:
* PROPFIND method SHOULD NOT return information about non-WebDAV compliant
resources.

Jim proposed incorporating the definition of a collection from the BIND spec as
a starting point, as it would provide a firm foundation for further behavioral
specification -- an idea that seemed generally supported among telecon
participants but requires further consideration.

Julian volunteered to do a more thorough review of the current draft to identify
areas that need further work.

It was felt that an example of this situation would continue to be of value to
readers.

Also discussed whether the spec should introduce a definition of 'internal
member' of a collection, but the telecon participants generally felt that making
the most minimal changes to the existing text was preferrable, especially where
this newly defined term may only be used a couple / few times.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.