Subject: [Bug 211] Inconsistencies about Destination header

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 07:51:24 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=211

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-02-04 07:51 -------
Proposed changes (see also
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz211>):

Section 10.3., para. 2:
OLD:

       Destination = "Destination" ":" ( Simple-ref )

NEW:

       Destination = "Destination" ":" Simple-ref

(unneeded parentheses)

Section 10.3., para. 3:
OLD:

    If the Destination value is an absolute URI, it may name a different
    server (or different port or scheme).  If the source server cannot
    attempt a copy to the remote server, it MUST fail the request with a
    502 (Bad Gateway) response.

NEW:

    If the Destination value is an absolute-URI (Section 4.3 of
    [RFC3986]), it may name a different server (or different port or
    scheme).  If the source server cannot attempt a copy to the remote
    server, it MUST fail the request.

(do not require servers to return a status code that really doesn't fix the
situation)

Section 10.4.3., para. 2:
OLD:

      COPY /resource1 HTTP/1.1
      Host: www.example.com
      Destination: http://www.example.com/resource2
      If: <http://www.example.com/resource1>
            (<urn:uuid:181d4fae-7d8c-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf2>
            [W/"A weak ETag"]) (["strong ETag"])
          <http://www.example.com/random>
            (["another strong ETag"])

NEW:

      COPY /resource1 HTTP/1.1
      Host: www.example.com
      Destination: http://www.example.com/resource2
      If: </resource1>
            (<urn:uuid:181d4fae-7d8c-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf2>
            [W/"A weak ETag"]) (["strong ETag"])
          </random>
            (["another strong ETag"])

(use absolute paths in one example)

Appendix E., para. 25:
OLD:

 E.2.  Changes Notable to Client Implementors

NEW:

    Destination headers and Tagged Lists in If headers can now contain
    absolute paths in addition to URIs. [[anchor118: Also affects
    clients.]]
 
 E.2.  Changes Notable to Client Implementors

(update the changes section)

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.