Subject: [Bug 227] Collection state definition in conflict between BIND and RFC2518bis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 03:57:31 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=227

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |ASSIGNED
            Version|-11                         |-12

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-02-07 03:57 -------
Geoff Clemm has spotted some more problems with Section 5.2, and here
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz227>)
are the suggested changes:

Section 5.2., para. 2:
OLD:

    Any given internal member URL MUST only belong to the collection
    once, i.e., it is illegal to have multiple instances of the same URL
    in a collection.  Properties defined on collections behave exactly as
    do properties on non-collection resources.
 
    For all WebDAV compliant resources A and B, identified by URLs U and
    V, for which U is immediately relative to V, B MUST be a collection
    that has U as an internal member URL.  So, if the resource with URL
    http://example.com/bar/blah is WebDAV compliant and if the resource
    with URL http://example.com/bar/ is WebDAV compliant then the
    resource with URL http://example.com/bar/ must be a collection and
    must contain URL http://example.com/bar/blah as an internal member.
 
    Collection resources MAY list the URLs of non-WebDAV compliant
    children in the HTTP URL namespace hierarchy as internal members but
    are not required to do so.  For example, if the resource with URL
    http://example.com/bar/blah is not WebDAV compliant and the URL
    http://example.com/bar/ identifies a collection then URL
    http://example.com/bar/blah may or may not be an internal member of
    the collection with URL http://example.com/bar/.

NEW:

    A collection MUST contain at most one mapping for a given path
    segment, i.e., it is illegal to have the same path segment mapped to
    more than one resource.  Properties defined on collections behave
    exactly as do properties on non-collection resources.
 
    For all WebDAV compliant resources A and B, identified by URLs "U"
    and "V" respectively, such that "V" is equal to "U/SEGMENT", A MUST
    be a collection that contains a mapping from "SEGMENT" to B. So, if
    resource B with URL "http://example.com/bar/blah" is WebDAV compliant
    and if resource A with URL "http://example.com/bar/" is WebDAV
    compliant, then resource A must be a collection and must contain a
    mapping from "blah" to B.
 
    Collection resources MAY have mappings to non-WebDAV compliant
    resources in the HTTP URL namespace hierarchy but are not required to
    do so.  For example, if the resource X with URL
    "http://example.com/bar/blah" is not WebDAV compliant and the
    resource A with "URL http://example.com/bar/" identifies a
    collection, then A may or may not have a mapping from "blah" to X.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.