Subject: [Bug 46] URLs in Multistatus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 07:35:57 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=46

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|RESOLVED                    |REOPENED
         Resolution|FIXED                       |

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-02-04 07:35 -------
We're getting closer, but I don't think we're done. Proposed changes (see also
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz046>):

Section 8.2., para. 2:
OLD:

    The sender has a choice between two approaches: using a relative
    reference, which is resolved against the Request-URI, or a full URI.
    A sender SHOULD generally be consistent once it has chosen one of
    these approaches, but a server MUST ensure that every 'href' value
    within a Multi-Status response uses the same format.

NEW:

    The sender has a choice between two approaches: using a relative
    reference, which is resolved against the Request-URI, or a full URI. A
    server MUST ensure that every 'href' value within a Multi-Status
    response uses the same format.

(Reason: the normative requirement on senders of headers just doesn't make any
sense. Sorry.)

Section 8.2., para. 5:
OLD:

    The absolute-URI and path-absolute productions are defined in section
    4.3 and 4.1 of [RFC3986].

NEW:

       ; absolute-URI, path-absolute, query:  see Sections 4.3, 3.3
       ; and 3.4 of [RFC3986]

(reference for "query"  missing)

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.