Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-bind-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Binding Extensions to Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)
	Author(s)	: G. Clemm, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-webdav-bind-13.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2006-2-10
	
This specification defines bindings, and the BIND method for creating
multiple bindings to the same resource.  Creating a new binding to a
resource causes at least one new URI to be mapped to that resource.
Servers are required to insure the integrity of any bindings that
they allow to be created.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-13.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-webdav-bind-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:57:51 +0100

Hi,

this draft updates -12, which was published after the previous (3rd...) 
working-group last-call.

The main changes are that it's now based on rfc2518bis, getting rid of 
some stuff that's not needed anymore. In particular 
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-13.html#rfc.section.A.11>):

-- snip --
Updated Author's address. Uppercase "Section" when referring to other 
documents.

Updating from RFC2518 to RFC2518bis:

     * Remove own explanation of DTD syntax.
     * Remove own definition of precondition/postcondition.
     * Remove reference to broken RFC2518 language about DELETE and UNLOCK.
     * Remove own definition of DAV: request header.
     * Updated Section 1.2 to reflect the changes in 
[draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis], making proposals for more changes so 
that the issue can be closed (see also 
<http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=227> and 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-12.html#rfc.section.5.2>).

-- snip --

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760