Subject: Webdav (apache) not enforcing limits

From: Sean Davis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:13:28 -0500

This is my first post to this list--if I am in the wrong place, please feel
free to redirect me.

I am running the following on MacOS 10.4.5:

Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) DAV/2 proxy_html/2.5 SVN/1.2.3 PHP/5.0.4 mod_perl/2.0.1
Perl/v5.8.6

I have a webDAV directory configured as such:

<Location /webDAV/public/>
    Dav On
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "Public WebDAV Repository"
    AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2/passwd/htpass
    Options none
    AllowOverride none
    <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS>
        Require user sean
    </LimitExcept>
</Location>

However, when I connect to this DAV directory (via the mac "connect to
server"), I can happily PUT, DELETE, and PROPFIND.  Below is the access log.
I'm confused as to why I can still do these things with the above
configuration.

128.231.145.14 - sean [28/Feb/2006:08:46:34 -0500] "PUT
/webDAV/public/Abstract.doc HTTP/1.1" 204 -

<SNIP> 

128.231.145.14 - sean [28/Feb/2006:08:46:55 -0500] "DELETE
/webDAV/public/Abstract.doc HTTP/1.1" 204 -
128.231.145.14 - sean [28/Feb/2006:08:46:55 -0500] "DELETE
/webDAV/public/._Abstract.doc HTTP/1.1" 204 -
128.231.145.14 - sean [28/Feb/2006:08:46:55 -0500] "PROPFIND /webDAV/public/
HTTP/1.1" 207 2230
128.231.145.14 - sean [28/Feb/2006:08:49:00 -0500] "PROPFIND /webDAV/public/
HTTP/1.1" 207 560
128.231.145.14 - sean [28/Feb/2006:08:49:00 -0500] "PROPFIND /webDAV/public/
HTTP/1.1" 207 2230
128.231.145.14 - - [28/Feb/2006:08:49:00 -0500] "GET
/webDAV/public/._Templeton HTTP/1.1" 304 -

---

From: Wilfredo Sánchez Vega <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:50:12 -0800

This is an Apache configuration question, not a WebDAV question.   
I suggest you try one of the Apache support lists:

     http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#http-users

	-wsv