Subject: [Bug 213] Spec inconsistent on PROPFIND/Depth:infinity

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:49:35 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=213

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|ASSIGNED                    |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |FIXED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-02-10 16:49 -------
Trying to think about the consequences and backward-compatibility here, I think
this should read:

   "A client MUST submit a Depth header with a value of "0", "1", or "infinity"
with a PROPFIND request.  Servers MUST support "0" and "1" depth requests on
WebDAV-compliant resources and SHOULD support "infinity" requests. In practice,
support for depth infinity requests MAY be disabled, due to the performance and
security concerns associated with this behavior. Since clients weren't required
to include the Depth header in [RFC2518], servers SHOULD treat such a request as
if a "Depth: infinity" header was included. "

I'm not sure if we concluded that the servers SHOULD or MAY support infinity
PROPFIND.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.