Subject: [Bug 227] Collection state definition in conflict between BIND and RFC2518bis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 09:34:08 -0800

http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=227

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |ASSIGNED

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2006-02-02 09:34 -------
OK, I have tried to do the minimal changes here to come up with a correct
definition of the collection's state (I can think of more enhancements to the
intro, but I tried to make the least intrusive change).

Proposed changes below and at
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-rfc2518bis-latest.html#rfc.issue.bz227>,
reassigning to Elias.

Section 5.2., para. 1:
OLD:

    A collection is a resource whose state consists of at least a list of
    internal member URLs and a set of properties, but which may have
    additional state such as entity bodies returned by GET.  An internal
    member URL MUST be immediately relative to a base URL of the
    collection.  That is, the internal member URL is equal to a
    containing collection's URL plus an additional segment for non-
    collection resources, or additional segment plus trailing slash "/"
    for collection resources, where segment is defined in section 3.3 of
    [RFC3986].

NEW:

    Collection resources differ from other resources in that they also
    act as containers.  This specification uses the terms defined below
    to precisely define this concept:
 
    Path Segment
 
       Informally, the characters found between slashes ("/") in a URI.
       Formally, as defined in Section 3.3 of [RFC3986].
 
    Path Segment Mapping
       Similarily to an URI Mapping, a path segment mapping is the
       relation between a path segment and the resource it identifies.
 
    Internal Member URL
 
       A member URL that is immediately relative to the URL of the
       collection.  That is, the internal member URL is equal to a
       containing collection's URL plus an additional path segment for
       non-collection resources, or additional segment plus trailing
       slash "/" for collection resources.
 
    Thus a collection is a resource whose state consists of at least a
    set of path segment mappings and a set of properties, but which may
    have additional state such as entity bodies returned by GET.

------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.