Subject: folder view in frames

From: "Praehauser Julia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:31:23 +0100

Hello,

I have a html-page with 2 frames, the one frame is empty and the other
one has an onload-function in the body which opens the folder view of a
webdav directory. The problem is, when I doubleclick one folder that the
frames are missing and it is no Internet Explorer Window any more (more
like a Windows Explorer Window). I have the frames only to be able to
close this window by javascript.

Can anybody help me??

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:12:45 +0100

> close this window by javascript.

Hi,

I fear that to answer this question, one needs to understand the details 
about how Windows Explorer / Webfolder and Internet Explorer interact. I 
certainly don't. Maybe asking somewhere where lots of IE experts are 
around would make more sense.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Joe Feise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:37:59 -0800

> close this window by javascript. 

Hmm, as Julian mentioned, this is probably a side-effect of how IE/Explorer 
handle WebDAV displays.
Microsoft provides a Shell extension to display WebDAV folders, e.g., when 
using the Network Neighborhood to browse to a WebDAV folder.
My assumption is that this gets triggered when you double-click a WebDAV 
folder in IE. You would probably need to do some registry magic to avoid 
this (and that would have other side-effects.) 

Cheers,
 -Joe