Subject: BugZilla issue 238 (PROPPATCH response format)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:33:33 +0200

Hi,

below suggested spec text for resolving BugZilla issue 238 
(<http://ietf.cse.ucsc.edu:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=238>:

Section 9.2., para. 5:
OLD:

     This method is idempotent, but not safe (see section 9.1 of
     [RFC2616]).  Responses to this method MUST NOT be cached.

NEW:

     The response to a PROPPATCH request can be in two different formats:
     should the server reject the request altogether (because of missing
     access rights, failed conditional headers, malformed request syntax,
     etc.), the status SHOULD be non-2xx HTTP status.  On the other hand,
     if the server did attempt the property modification, the response
     status SHOULD be 207 Multistatus, using the 'multistatus' response
     body format defined below (Section 9.2.1).

     This method is idempotent, but not safe (see section 9.1 of
     [RFC2616]).  Responses to this method MUST NOT be cached.

Best regards, Julian