Subject: Re: the ccred

From: "Hedy Mclin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 00:07:38 -0700

go to the web site <http://geocities.com/KlahkaSerranHeard/> 

 
I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner
and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider, went on Bilbo beginning to be
pleased with his riddling.
Thats better! said Smaug. But dont let your imagination run away
with you!
This of course is the way to talk to dragons, if you dont want to
reveal your proper name (which is wise), and dont want to infuriate
them by a flat refusal (which is also very wise). No dragon can resist
the fascination of riddling talk and of wasting time trying to
understand it. There was a lot here which Smaug did not understand at
all (though I expect you do, since you know all about Bilbos adventures
to which he was referring), but he thought he understood enough, and he
chuckled in his wicked inside. I thought so last night, he smiled to
himself. Lake-men, some nasty scheme of those miserable tub-trading
Lake-men, or Im a lizard. I havent been down that way for an age and
an age; but I will soon alter that! Very well, O Barrel-rider! he