Subject: RE: Webdav project

From: "Joshua Mangoubi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 10:45:34 -0500

I propose a new project.

Microsoft has a bug in its software which prevents it from sending the
correct "modification date" to new and modified files on a webdav server.
This is a client issue, and an attempt has been made by Microsoft to correct
the problem.  For I was discussing the matter with them.  Unfortunately,
they have a hot fix 929432, which does not work, and is not correcting the
matter.  I believe creating a new DLL that can make a secure (https and
http) webdav connection and fix this bug from Microsoft would be invaluable.
The mere fact that the modification dates are not transferred over,
severally limits the ability of the protocol in any type of sync operation,
which makes the whole thing inefficient.

I would like to hear others peoples thoughts on the subject and it this
proposal has any interest?

Thanks

josh

---

From: "Alex Jalali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:13:01 -0700

Dear Josh,

Microsoft has many other bugs but unfortunately some of them are by design
and intentional. So I'm not sure if fixing some things for them would solve
the problem as they would come up with other ways of not allowing their
client to work with anything other then IIS. 

Since you are communicating with them you may want to remind them that it's
in their interest to follow the dav protocol correctly. Or not call it
webdav.

I could give them a long list of their bugs. But I thing it wouldn't go
anywhere or change anything.

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Joshua Mangoubi
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Webdav project

I propose a new project.

Thanks

josh