Subject: draft 16 vs issue 244

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:40:23 +0100

From <http://ietf.osafoundation.org:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=244>:

------- Additional Comment #1 From Lisa Dusseault  2006-11-26 11:24 -------

We have been careful about using the word "creator" for the person who 
creates a
lock, in text, *rather* than the word "owner" (which could be either the 
person
who creates a lock or the person named in the owner field).  It would 
undo some
of this careful terminology usage to go back in this one case.  Besides, 
it's
rather redundant to say that the owner field contains owner informaiton --
"creator" indicates who the owner ought to be.

------- Additional Comment #2 From Julian Reschke 2006-11-26 12:55 -------

The key problem here is that the property description says that the <owner>
element contains information about the "creator". It doesn't. It's 
incorrect.

The "creator" is the principal how took out the lock, as defined in 
Section 6.4.

The <owner> element just stores whatever the client sent in the lock 
request.