Subject: draft 16 vs issue bz238

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:36:42 +0100

From <http://ietf.osafoundation.org:8080/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=238#c2>:

Draft 16 added:

"If a server attempts to make any of the property changes in a PROPPATCH 
request (i.e. the request is not rejected for high-level errors before 
processing the body), the response MUST be a Multi-Status response 
(Section 13)."

That's incorrect. The whole point is that in this case, the Multi-Status 
reponse format is *not* the one defined in Section 13. So please replace 
with the previously suggested text:

"The response to a PROPPATCH request can be in two different formats: 
should the server reject the request altogether (because of missing 
access rights, failed conditional headers, malformed request syntax, 
etc.), the status SHOULD be non-2xx HTTP status. On the other hand, if 
the server did attempt the property modification, the response status 
SHOULD be 207 Multistatus, using the 'multistatus' response body format 
defined below (Section 9.2.1)."

Best regards, Julian