Subject: [Fwd: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard]

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:06:54 +0100

(fyi)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:55:05 -0500
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for 
Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard
X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
Precedence: list
Reply-To: [email-masked]
List-Id: ietf-announce.ietf.org
List-Unsubscribe: 
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce>, 
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce>, 
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
Errors-To: [email-masked]
X-GMX-Antivirus: -1 (not scanned, may not use virus scanner)
X-GMX-Antispam: 0 (Mail was not recognized as spam)
X-GMX-UID: 9Wiocf1GRkkfcuFDbmRq4EtmdWkvKJNn

The IESG has received a request from the WWW Distributed Authoring and
Versioning WG (webdav) to consider the following document:

- 'HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV '
    <draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

While the WEBDAV working group was originally chartered to produce a
draft standard update to RFC 2518, this documented is being targeted
as a replacement Proposed Standard because of a number of substantive
changes to the original semantics.  These are summarized in Appendix
F, but a full review of the document is required to see the entire scope.
Because of the low level of energy in the group, the IESG does not
anticipate receiving a Draft Standard candidate from the group as a
successor to this document.  A key question for reviewers is whether
this document is substantially better than RFC 2518 and should
replace it.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-01-21. Exceptionally,
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-17.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=8360&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce