Subject: Who needs GoogleDocs ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:20:11 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
once in a while I read articles nowadays an GoogleDocs and others which promise
to edit stuff from everywhere. Often these are new applications which work browserbased
and it seems like it's the biggest invention since sliced bread :-)
So I wonder. Do you get much more compared to a WebDAV/DeltaV server together
with your good old office suite ? Just assuming it supports WebDAV.
Or is this just another case of hype ?

Cheers, Edgar

---

From: "Konstantin Breu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:28:30 +0200

> Do you get much more compared to a WebDAV/DeltaV server together 
> with your good old office suite ?
You get much less.. it would be better to compare it with WordPad, not with
an office suite...

> Often these are new applications which work browserbased
Hmmm... I've developed such applications in year 2000, and more early... I
think there is no real new technology used by these applications, if there
is an invention then it's the way such applications or services are used and
sold ("Web2.0", Mashups,...). So quite old technologies (most of it), new
business strategies, IMHO....

Cheers, Konstantin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im
Auftrag von [email-masked]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. April 2007 10:20
An: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Betreff: Who needs GoogleDocs ?

Hi,
once in a while I read articles nowadays an GoogleDocs and others which
promise
to edit stuff from everywhere. Often these are new applications which work
browserbased
and it seems like it's the biggest invention since sliced bread :-)
So I wonder. Do you get much more compared to a WebDAV/DeltaV server
together
with your good old office suite ? Just assuming it supports WebDAV.
Or is this just another case of hype ?

Cheers, Edgar