Subject: RFC 3744: ACL method and unsupported property principal

From: Werner Donné <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 12:51:01 +0200

Hi,

Can a server limit the set of properties that may be used to
denote a principal in a principal element? If yes, what pre-condition
violation should be reported when an unsupported property is included?

Regards,

Werner.
-- 
Werner Donné  --  Re
Engelbeekstraat 8
B-3300 Tienen
tel: (+32) 486 425803	e-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 13:09:51 +0200

> violation should be reported when an unsupported property is included?

Only the full ACL can be rewritten. See thr subsequent paragraph 
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3744.html#rfc.section.8.1.p.4>):

"Implementation Note: Two common operations are to add or remove an ACE
from an existing access control list. To accomplish this, a client uses
the PROPFIND method to retrieve the value of the DAV:acl property, then 
parses the returned access control list to remove all inherited and 
protected ACEs (these ACEs are tagged with the DAV:inherited and 
DAV:protected XML elements). In the remaining set of non-inherited, 
non-protected ACEs, the client can add or remove one or more ACEs before 
submitting the final ACE set in the request body of the ACL method."

Best regards, Julian