Subject: HTTP BoF at IETF Chicago

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:21:11 +1000

A Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) session has been scheduled for Tuesday,  
July 24th, 9am US/Central* at the IETF Chicago meeting <http:// 
www3.ietf.org/meetings/69-IETF.html> to discuss proposed work in  
revising the HTTP specification.

The proposed charter <http://www.w3.org/mid/392C98BA- 
[email-masked]> discusses one possible scope  
for this work. Note that this is NOT the final charter; if you have  
opinions about the charter of such a group, the BoF is the place to  
express them.

Besides the charter itself, it's likely that discussion will also  
touch on whether there are enough people willing to do the work to  
make this happen.

Therefore, if you're interested in this work, we encourage you to  
attend, either in-person or remotely. In particular, we'd like to  
encourage all HTTP implementers to send a representative.

More information about the of the BoF will be available soon.  
Discussion will primarily take place on the HTTP-WG mailing list  
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/>; if you're  
interested, please make sure you're subscribed to this list.

* Note that the time and date are tentative at this point; the final  
meeting agenda will be at the IETF site on July 2nd.

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/