Subject: FILE ASSOCIATION

From: "Joyce M. Schamburg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:17:54 -0700

We're trying to create a file association within webdav so that a particular
file will open without having to download to local computer, editing, then
uploading back to webdav network folder.

Any thoughts and suggested solutions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------

Joyce M. Schamburg

UC Davis Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine

Center for Virtual Care

4150 V Street, Suite 1200 PSSB, Sacramento, CA 95817

Tel: 916 734-8514 - Fax: 916 734-7980

[email-masked]

 <http://www.anesthesiology.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/>
www.anesthesiology.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:57:24 +0200

Joyce M. Schamburg wrote:
> 
> 
> We’re trying to create a file association within webdav so that a 
> particular file will open without having to download to local computer, 
> editing, then uploading back to webdav network folder.
> 
>  
> 

It depends on your operating system and your webdav client.

It sounds a bit like you're using the Microsoft "Webfolder" client, in 
which case my answer would be: programs must specifically support that 
(such as Office) (*).

Best regards, Julian

(*) Does anybody know what a program *specifically* needs to do here?