Subject: BIND issue: 4-precondition-language

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 21:14:42 +0100

(see 
<http://www.webdav.org/bind/draft-ietf-webdav-bind-latest.html#rfc.issue.4-precondition-language>)

It seems that the way we use the precondition terminology is confusing 
when we actually talk about OPTIONAL features (I think we had the same 
problem with RFC3744).

So for the definitions of DAV:cross-server-binding and 
DAV:cycle-allowed, I'd like to add one explanatory sentence:

      (DAV:cross-server-binding): If the resource identified by the 
DAV:href element in the request body is on another server from the 
collection identified by the Request-URI, the server MUST support 
cross-server bindings (servers that do not support cross-server bindings 
can use this condition code to signal the client exactly why the request 
failed).

     (DAV:cycle-allowed): If the DAV:href element identifies a 
collection, and if the Request-URI identifies a collection that is a 
member of that collection, the server MUST support cycles in the URI 
namespace (servers that do not support cycles can use this condition 
code to signal the client exactly why the request failed).

(emphasis on the last sentences).

Best regards, Julian