Subject: webdav with ssl and kerberos

From: Adam Wead <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:24:59 -0500

Hello all,

I have a question for the collective wisdom.  I've looked around for  
solutions to this problem, but haven't found definitive answers, so I  
thought I'd address it here.  I'm sure it's been answered before, so  
my apologies for asking it again... I'd be happy if you can point me  
to some online literature, if that's available.

Question:

Is it possible to configure apache so you can access the same  
directory with WebDAV, via SSL and kerberos, and regular http?

I'm exploring the possibility of using WebDAV for our website  
development.  The issue is we use the same server for production and  
development.  So, you'd need to need to access the same files via  
http and https, except the https url would route you through WebDAV  
and http wouldn't.

I'm sure people are doing this, but I'm curious if there are any  
"standard practices" involving such a setup.

Any advice on existing literature, printed or electronic, for such  
practices would be very much appreciated.

thanks for your time.

best,
....adam

______________________________________________
Adam Wead
Computer Manager and Systems Administrator
Cook Music Library and Jacobs School of Music
Indiana University

---

From: Tim Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:14:23 -0500

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:24:59 -0500
> http and https, except the https url would route you through WebDAV  

You can achieve this by using the LimitExcept configuration directive
inside your http configuration.  The subversion manual has an example
here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.authz.blanket

The http and https would both go through WebDAV, but you can limit
which http/webdav methods are allowed in http using LimitExcept.

Cheers,
Tim