Subject: clandestine move of draft-daboo-webdav-mkcol

From: Werner Baumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:32:21 +0200

Correct me if I'm wrong:

2007-11-12 C. Daboo posted 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-webdav-mkcol-00> and announced 
it on <[email-masked]>

 From 2007-11-12 to 2007-12-01 four people (including the author of the 
draft) posted ten contributions to the discussion. There was no 
consensus. The latest contribution from the author dates 2007-11-19.

There was no further public discussion about that draft.

Exception:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2008AprJun/0011.html> 
refers to this draft and got no answer from the author of the draft.

2008-05-14 the draft expired.

2008-05-14, the same day, the draft was recycled (with small changes) as 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-webdav-mkcol-00>.

The recycled draft is assigned to Vcarddav working group, though the 
draft claims to be *not* specific to any WebDAV-extension.

The recycled draft was not announced on <[email-masked]> nor on 
<[email-masked]>.

There was no announcement of an intended move on <[email-masked]>. 
But obviously this move was intended (posting it with a new name at the 
very date when it expires).

- Is this a new kind of creating open standards?
- Searching for the list of least resistance?
- Any relations to the employer of C. Daboo (Apple Inc.)?

Cheers
Werner

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 12:53:35 -0400

Hi Werner,

--On July 20, 2008 6:32:21 PM +0200 Werner Baumann 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-webdav-mkcol-00> and announced it
> on <[email-masked]>
>

Sorry it looks like a post to w3c dist did not happen when the draft was 
moved over to the IETF vcarddav working group which agreed back in March to 
adopt this document as part of its charter. That was my fault - an 
oversight not an attempt to be sneaky.

In any case, discussion of this draft is still open. The recent update did 
address some of the comments made earlier.

So why don't we restart debate on this. If you want to post new comments or 
forward your original comments back to this list and the vcarddav list 
(<mailto:[email-masked]>), please do so and we can move forward.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo